Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2010, 04:52 AM   #1

The Crazy Weather In The North/East

Here in the North/East we have had some crazy weather in the Winter, with record snow fall over 46", at one time we had four storms come threw four days between each other. Now it is Summer time and the weather has flipped.
I was on my way home from work, as I past though Lees burg VA the temperature hit the 101 degrees mark as you can see by the pic, once I entered Lucketts VA the temperature had drop to 95 degrees, then as I entered Fredrick MD the temperature hit the 101 degree mark again. I am not sure what the official temperature was but as hot and humid as it was I don't think It matters.
I have also been paying attention to peoples driving habits during this heat weave and it seems like they are more occupied with other things other then driving. Although they have there a/c on in there cars I see more people changing lanes with out looking and waiting to the last minute to apply there breaks. I don't know if It is the heat, there attitudes or maybe a chemical reaction from the materials inside of there cars due to the extreme heat.
I know is kind of driving go's on all the time but It is just more noticeable.
Everyone, just be careful.........
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	101 degrees day on the 10 th of August.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	3131  
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:34 AM   #2

Um it's DC/VA/MD ... that's the way they drive 99.9999% of the time.

Lived there for 8 years..
Mowat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:44 AM   #3
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowat View Post
Um it's DC/VA/MD ... that's the way they drive 99.9999% of the time.

Lived there for 8 years..
You missed PA / NJ / NY as well. Everyday on my way to work it's an adventure. Some of these drivers push it to the limit no matter the weather or volume of traffic. Sooner or later they'll misjudge by a little and I hope they're the only one involved in the accident but that's rarely the case.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote