Old 12-13-2019, 10:42 AM   #1

The dreaded mouse

So been traveling off and in for 3 years now and never a mouse. Thank goodness all holes inside are sealed.
So we recently had our TT in shop for some warranty work. Black tank slide out on one side and cracked. So to fix they had to take bottom down. While there for 2 days mice got into underbelly it seems. So now the fight is on
I use inside the Electronic repellents and nothing inside but we hear them either under the floor or in wall. We have put Fresh Cab underbelly plus mouse traps. I guess time will tell. To say I am peeved is an understatement. Our TT was inside the shop the whole time but they must be dealing be with mice big time. While this shop was fabulous on getting work done so fast I wish they had used a exterminator to get rid of mice so everyone n.v e who had their rigs worked on did not pull out with mice.
Any other ideas to rid mice would be greatly appreciated. They are not inside but in floor and walls. I was told if you use poison they can get stinky but thinking that's only choice now.

poorbabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 11:03 AM   #2
Pickin', Campin', Mason

If you've set traps (good ones) they will catch them.
Check them often.

TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '17=30 '18=51 '19=58 '20=14
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 11:19 AM   #3

This may be helpful.

Ongoing Rodent Issue-Mice
https://www.irv2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=468423
Funengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 11:56 AM   #4

Im a firm believer in old school mouse traps they work great as far as I'm concerned .

TV:GMC 2500HD Duramax
TT: 2015 Wildwood 21rbs
510Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 12:33 PM   #5

As others have suggested, good old fashioned traps work good. I've always had good results, from using peanut butter as bait.
Old 12-13-2019, 12:35 PM   #6

Did they bother to reseal the basement correct? Bet the mice got in after you left the dealer.
I would use mouse traps with peanut butter inside and poison from decon, TomCat or what ever you pick for outside locations. If it really is sealed after dealer work, I would not use the bait inside because there would be no way for them to leave to find water after eating bait and they will die inside and chance of smell

But use the bait stations that has a chunk of poison inside of them. lessens the chance of a dog getting it, and they tend to last longer. I have seen a mouse move a whole container of decon granules from one location to another before they died.

I like to monitor my baits. in my PA home I had decon sitting in one place along a foundation wall where a mouse could go for 20 years and it never disappeared telling me "no mice here" (its still sitting there to this day)
Old 12-13-2019, 12:36 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapex View Post
As others have suggested, good old fashioned traps work good. I've always had good results, from using peanut butter as bait.

Skippy non chunky works best
I know what don't work, we have a bad infestation at our office and there has been a wasabi pee laying behind desk for years, they don't like it.
Old 12-13-2019, 12:54 PM   #8

I'll have to try Skippy... sometime. These critters down here, seem to be Peter Pan lover's. I've never tried other brands though. So, it'd be worth a try
Quote:
Originally Posted by TowPro View Post
Skippy non chunky works best
I know what don't work, we have a bad infestation at our office and there has been a wasabi pee laying behind desk for years, they don't like it.
Old 12-13-2019, 01:33 PM   #9

Please don't use poison; it might kill the mice, but if the dead (or still living) mouse is eaten by another creature you will poison them too. The most common is owls just looking for an easy meal.

Happiness is just a ride away!
Sharon455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 04:40 PM   #10

Make sure to place snap traps with the killing end against a wall so trap sticks out long ways from wall. Use peanut butter but put it in the little rolled metal end instead of on the trip lever. This way it makes the mouse work for it to get the bait out. It will increase your odds huge. We used to put it in top until my grandfather told me this trick! Oh and wear a pair of latex gloves when you handle the traps.
AceCombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 05:03 PM   #11

My question would be..... do those mice have a way to get out of the walls? Since they sealed up the underbelly and that was their way in, they're going to have to eat a hole to get out.

We had a mouse fall down from the attic and into a bedroom wall in our house. The only way to get it out was to cut a hole in the wall and the cat took care of it after that.

You sure don't want them dying in there. The smell would be terrible.
Old 12-13-2019, 05:26 PM   #12
waybeck2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by 510Rick View Post
Im a firm believer in old school mouse traps they work great as far as I'm concerned .

Last year we had mouse issues for the first time in 15 years, no idea how they got in now and not all those years before. We tried all sorts of traps with minimal to no luck catching only 1. Then I reverted back to the old fashion snap trap with peanut butter. We left on Sunday evening to go home and came back to check on Wednesday. Momma mouse in one trap and three baby mice in three other traps. That snap trap will be all we use int he future.

Looking Forward to Completing This Map Soon !
waybeck2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 07:41 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funengineer View Post
This may be helpful.

Ongoing Rodent Issue-Mice
https://www.irv2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=468423
We had to make an opening to put traps and deterrents in there. First time ever had a mouse. Been in the park for 3 months.
poorbabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 09:52 AM   #14

I use a spray bottle with ammonia and lay a light perimeter around the trailer. Not convenient for off-site storage, but if storing at home or while traveling, a light spray every couple of days has worked as a very effective deterrent.
Old 12-17-2019, 01:37 PM   #15
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

We've got 37 barn cats looking for a good home!
LOL

We use Cab Fresh (available at Menard's and other box stores) in the home pest department. seems to work for us. in storage, we also use peppermint oil (concentrated) dropped on tea bags in all the cabinets and closets.

but we can ship the cats if you give me an address!

1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote