Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2016, 03:28 PM   #21

If it is truly a pic of him as he broke in to steal anything, he posed sorta like you do on your DL pic, ya know?

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 04:00 PM   #22

Previous quote from Eric.F
Trimax also makes a clam shell cover for the tire. Like the ones the police use to keep you from driving off. I will take a picture of mine when I get home. It is decent construction and repents the tire from rolling or being removed.
Must have forgotten to use it.
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 04:02 PM   #23
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
A New York Boot!
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 04:14 PM   #24

If someone steals my camper I hope he steals the truck too. That way I can get a new dually and a new Cedar Creek, a bigger one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 04:23 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
Are you sure that this picture is from the surveillance camera this morning? It's dated 1975
Who ever setup the surveillance system either entered the date wrong or never bothered to change the default.

I knew a guy who had a demo piece of software he liked but it had a 2 month time limit on it. Every time he wanted to run the software, he changed the date on his computer so that it looked like he was still inside the demo time limit....
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 04:24 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
A New York Boot!
Yep.
https://www.google.com/search?q=cali...mex+boot+clamp
Old 10-17-2016, 04:40 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorSam20500 View Post
Who ever setup the surveillance system either entered the date wrong or never bothered to change the default.

I knew a guy who had a demo piece of software he liked but it had a 2 month time limit on it. Every time he wanted to run the software, he changed the date on his computer so that it looked like he was still inside the demo time limit....
LOL, but how convenient that the perp walked right up to the 41 year old surveillance system and gave a face shot... priceless...

Where is the OP? He can clear this up for us..

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 04:55 PM   #28

Good Luck..... Some friends had their camper broke into TV stolen thousands in damage ......the police got his finger prints .... charged him 3rd strike and his high dollar lawyer got him off scott free........

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 05:02 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
Good Luck..... Some friends had their camper broke into TV stolen thousands in damage ......the police got his finger prints .... charged him 3rd strike and his high dollar lawyer got him off scott free........
I'd blame the prosecutor for making the deal in the first place, perp must have rolled over someone.
Old 10-17-2016, 06:41 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
I'd blame the prosecutor for making the deal in the first place, perp must have rolled over someone.
Actually he had a very high dollar (& great( sleazy)) attorney ........ Who was the minority leader in our house of reps a few years back......... This guy also got a lady off for blowing a school buses stop sign & hitting a child because the Commonwealth's Attorney (prosecutor) could not prove the big yellow machine with red blinking lights met the definition and requirement to be called a school bus. Sad.....................

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 06:59 PM   #31

I personally think you are a luckey man! I WISH someone would hook mine up and drive away with it.Then the whole mess would be someone elses problem!
trbomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 07:08 PM   #32
Moderator Emeritus

Site Team Note: He has not yet been back online since posting this. He is not a new member either. Please be respectful in your responses.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 07:34 PM   #33

Wanting to get this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1476750864.605754.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	284.2 KB
ID:	123266

2014 Evo 2850 "Woodstock"
2011 Toyota Tundra "Clifford"

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 07:57 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric F. View Post
This is the face of the accomplice that stole my Shamrock 233S today! He opened up the storage site this morning with someone else at seven twenty. He then let him out and the surveillance camera shows him following the white truck that was towing MY trailer out.
The police have his information and I am hoping he will be apprehended soon. I spent the day driving around two cities hoping to see something. I know what each vehicle looks like and will be driving around tomorrow as well while I wait to hear back from the police and my insurance company.
My husband and I had our travel trailer stolen, too. We were told we would never see it again, but we were so fortunate we got our TT back a week later. However, I couldn't keep it. The thief and his son lived in it so we had it fixed up and traded in for another TT.

The experience had been quite traumatic for me. The thief was eventually found in California but has not yet been extradited here to face the charges. The thief kept lying and changing stories. It has been quite a while since I last heard from the detective. I need to contact him again.

The police had not been much of help. They just reported our TT stolen. I was pissed and drove over a couple hundred of miles trying to find our TT. Luckily, someone checking his brother's private property found our TT.

I am sorry you are going through this.
OBX Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 07:36 PM   #35

I'm very sorry for you loss and wish you the best of luck. My TT was stolen while at CW for repairs. I am fully convinced it has been taken to northern MI where it is being used as a hunting lodge on someone's private property. Trailer license plates in MI are lifetime, which means you never have to renew the plate as long as you own the trailer so the plate never expires. That means whoever stole my TT will never have to renew the plate, especially if it is parked in the woods somewhere. I was fortunate that my insurance took good care of paying me off; I hope you are as fortunate. However, that does not replace the contents of my TT, some of which can never be replaced. Like some of the other posters have said, I use a tongue lock religiously, even when the TT is parked at home, and most definitely if the TT goes to the RV dealer for work (even when they ask me not to use the tongue lock) OR while I am camping. Call me paranoid but hey, I will not make it easy for someone to steal my TT again.
"Know yourself, know your world. Change it." Anonymous
kittlecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 08:05 PM   #36

The MI police know it's stolen so renewing the plates is mute. Plus yours was stolen.(oops)
Old 10-18-2016, 08:29 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbomax View Post
I personally think you are a luckey man! I WISH someone would hook mine up and drive away with it.Then the whole mess would be someone elses problem!
My thoughts exactly.

Op- Sorry to hear this.
Static54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 09:09 PM   #38

trbo/Static Ah yes the voices of "damnit should have gotten rid of it last fall. The fun of owning an RV.
Old 10-18-2016, 09:11 PM   #39

nothing worse than a thief good luck I hope all goes well for you
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 09:14 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.t View Post
trbo/Static Ah yes the voices of "damnit should have gotten rid of it last fall. The fun of owning an RV.
Ya, I love my fifth wheel but I guess I feel like that since I have mine for sale.

But regardless if I feel that way I can't stand a thief.
Static54 is offline   Reply With Quote