Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2013, 01:11 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattleNsmoke View Post
Just the opposite. My buddy had an old StarCraft pop-up and offered to let us take it for a week to go camping. We never trailer camped before, just pitched a tent. Now with three kids and a tow package on Wifey's new mini van I was eager to give it a try. He explained how to set it up, what the different functions did and what the grey water and fresh water hoses looked like and what they were for. We hooked up and drove to the lakes region of New Hampshire and had a ball! We brought him back souvenir's and lots of booze from their State Liquor Store. Most importantly, we brought his pop-up back in one piece! That's all it took to get us hooked. The next season we bought our Jayco 30ft TT, had that for 10 years and traded up to a 38ft CC fiver.
Had it not been for him being so generous, I doubt I'd be typing this to ya'll today.
That's exactly what I am talking about! That's awesome . Same thing happened to me when my buddy let me borrow his motorcycle. After the chance to learn/experience it first hand I was inclined to buy.
Having A Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:24 PM   #22

I'm all about getting people hooked on things I like to do. Having said that, I'm more inclined to offer to let someone go with us and stay in ours than to just let them take it.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:24 PM   #23

sounds like you don't have alot of confidence in this "friend" where if something did happen he would offer to fix it, so the answer is NO!
2014 nites booked 10
Truth B Towed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:24 PM   #24

The other thing that "Grinds my Gears" is when friends that I invite out for weekends thank that the trip ends when they are ready to leave. As we all know there is a lot of work to clean up and prep for departure and even more work when you get home. Food needs to be put away, laundry needs to be done, floors swept and cleaned and so on.
Oh and just thought of a new rule....if you bring it it needs to leave with you. Beer, Food, Drinks...Ok Leave the Beer.
Nights Camped 2016: 32
ryand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:32 AM   #25

I have an acquaintance, more than a friend, that every time I see him he starts asking me about our motor home. Trips, how often we use it etc. Then he'll turn the conversation to how'd he'd love to either use it himself, or with me as driver to take him and his avid golf buddies to world famous Bethpage golf course on Long Island. Bethpage is a public course that I am told people sleep in the parking lot to get in line for the opportunity to play there. Sometimes when we are at a function and I know this guy (who otherwise I really like along with his wife) will be there I dread the thought of the golf course and RV coming up. Otherwise, like all happy go lucky campers I love talking camping and RV'ing!
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:15 PM   #26

A freind of mine is going to be camping where we have our seasonal site in the next few weekends. He plans to go to the campground a day ahead of when we plan to show up, and set up on a site adjacent to ours. He will be tent camping, so I offered to give him my camper keys, so he can use the kitchen & bathroom facilities to make it easier on him and his wife with the two small kids. I would have to say that I would probably not let anyone hook up and take it away to another location, but being that it is already set up, and all he needs to do is unlock, turn on the water and hot water heater I'm OK with it.
99 Club Car Golf Cart
djmac1964 is offline   Reply With Quote