Old 03-10-2010, 05:13 AM   #1

The Scent Of Spring........

With the extended time and distances I spend on the commute to work, I see a great deal of God's critters in the wee early morning hours. I travel 11 different routs to get where I am going. I am starting to see more and more critters running across the road and many stopped dead in there tracks. This is one sign that Spring is near, but the sign that gets me the most is the smell that comes first before you see it, and that Is the "skunk" This morning on my way in to work I smell skunk almost all the way in, they seem to find there way under the caveman's discovery...."The Wheel" and remind us of there presences. I guess they are like all other critters..twitterpated when Spring is near. Spring is getting closure, Folks

Old 03-10-2010, 09:08 AM   #2

I can't wait. Here in Colorado we have a little bit more time to wait, but getting anxious to pull the cover off the camper and get it ready for the season!

2011 Chevy 2500HD - DuraMax (Just over 5000 miles now!)
Nights camped in 2014 - 21
tomjsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:03 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
With the extended time and distances I spend on the commute to work, I see a great deal of God's critters in the wee early morning hours. I travel 11 different routs to get where I am going. I am starting to see more and more critters running across the road and many stopped dead in there tracks. This is one sign that Spring is near, but the sign that gets me the most is the smell that comes first before you see it, and that Is the "skunk" This morning on my way in to work I smell skunk almost all the way in, they seem to find there way under the caveman's discovery...."The Wheel" and remind us of there presences. I guess they are like all other critters..twitterpated when Spring is near. Spring is getting closure, Folks
Yep besides the cattle farms on the way to work I seem to get the constant bombardment of the skunks too. I would think that there wouldn't be all that many of them left but there are. I curse american auto makers for not figuring out the "recirc" idea like the foreign cars every time.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:17 PM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Yep, God's little stinkers are everywhere. We recently watched "Dirty Jobs" and Mike Rowe helped in a neighborhood with quite a few just running around. In this case one wrong move hanging up clothes and you'll reek of the scent of skunk plus have to do the wash again or just throw it out. It won't be too much longer when the farmers will be flinging the manure in the fields. Nothing like opening up your windows at home on a nice spring morning and then the wind changes direction. aaahhhhhh

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
Yep, God's little stinkers are everywhere. We recently watched "Dirty Jobs" and Mike Rowe helped in a neighborhood with quite a few just running around. In this case one wrong move hanging up clothes and you'll reek of the scent of skunk plus have to do the wash again or just throw it out. It won't be too much longer when the farmers will be flinging the manure in the fields. Nothing like opening up your windows at home on a nice spring morning and then the wind changes direction. aaahhhhhh
Yeah, we saw that episode too. The thing that got us most was that if the homeowner (in California anyway) doesn't want the animal destroyed it HAS to be released on the property from which it was removed. ????? Why would someone pay to have it "removed" only to let it loose on the property again? That's just what happened on that episode though. Good for the pest removal company though. Job security. How dumb.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 01:22 PM   #6
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWJeeper View Post
Yeah, we saw that episode too. The thing that got us most was that if the homeowner (in California anyway) doesn't want the animal destroyed it HAS to be released on the property from which it was removed. ????? Why would someone pay to have it "removed" only to let it loose on the property again? That's just what happened on that episode though. Good for the pest removal company though. Job security. How dumb.
I agree, you'd think that relocating them to outside of the city would be the best situation. By just letting them go near the same area isn't stopping the problem, it's adding to it. The more those little stinkers are cohabitating together, the more of those little stinkers will be created.
Eventually the skunks will overrun the city if they don't remove them in one form or another.
I think we need a smiley holding it's nose for PU.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 03-10-2010, 08:18 PM   #7

The museum where I work is rented out after hours around the holidays for private parties. During the AOL event there were over 7,000 people attending the party, while the caterers were loading in a skunk decided to attend the party, he came in the Space Hanger door and ran under the Space Shuttle, while everyone was trying to clear the area one of the caterers employees caught him in one of there plastic bins which had a top and carried him out side. It's hard to believe but the skunk never sprayed.
Just before the museum open in 2002, we had a family of skunks living in the steam trench under the floor In the main hanger, the construction crew ran them all out.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:00 AM   #8
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
The museum where I work is rented out after hours around the holidays for private parties. During the AOL event there were over 7,000 people attending the party, while the caterers were loading in a skunk decided to attend the party, he came in the Space Hanger door and ran under the Space Shuttle, while everyone was trying to clear the area one of the caterers employees caught him in one of there plastic bins which had a top and carried him out side. It's hard to believe but the skunk never sprayed.
Just before the museum open in 2002, we had a family of skunks living in the steam trench under the floor In the main hanger, the construction crew ran them all out.
That could have been a real disaster if no one had seen it until all 7,000 were there and the party had begun. I can't imagine being the caterer's employee that had to trap the skunk. "You want me to do What? Hope he/she got a bonus for hazardous duty!

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR