Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2014, 01:07 PM   #11
TigerPride
 
cajunrvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Opelousas
Posts: 128
X2 on the don't want to work any more but I'm only 31 still a youngin myself and have a long road ahead
__________________

__________________
cajunrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 01:14 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Eastern Ontario
Posts: 475
Third generation egg farmer...with the fourth generation taking care of the farm when we travel.
Happy camping !
__________________

__________________
Black
2014 Ford F250 Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 tuxedo black
2015 Rockwood Signature 8310SS Diamond Edition
***3rd GENERATION EGG FARMER***
***WHO MADE YOUR EGGS TODAY ?
Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 01:43 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Big Bad Allis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black View Post
Third generation egg farmer...with the fourth generation taking care of the farm when we travel.
Happy camping !
Thank you for helping to feed the world. The family farm is a dying culture. I miss the days on the farm. I never thought I would be doing anything else.
__________________
Jason
2012 F350 SRW Powerstroke
2011 Acadia Denali
2014 Montana 356TBF
Big Bad Allis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:00 PM   #14
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Spent my 50+ yrs working, retired @ 66 the last of Jul06. Have done NOTHING since and really enjoy it. The only problem is I never know when I get finished so I have to start over every day.

Kinda like FT Turbs, with the only difference being he has to go where other people work every day and does his nothing.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:02 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Eastern Ontario
Posts: 475
Well thank you Big Bad...
We don't receive appreciation thoughts like yours for our hard work very often, so, I'll accept them gladly.
Farming IS a way of life...it's in our blood...being on call 24/7, working with nature and our beloved hens what can we ask better.
Thanks again !
__________________
Black
2014 Ford F250 Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 tuxedo black
2015 Rockwood Signature 8310SS Diamond Edition
***3rd GENERATION EGG FARMER***
***WHO MADE YOUR EGGS TODAY ?
Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:10 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
LittlePM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: In the Heart of Dixie
Posts: 1,778
I have been camping my whole life thanks to my parents, I have even been camping in the Swiss Alps. I would love to do it full time, however for the next few years I will continue to support the War Fighters
__________________
Pennie and Chuck, Mandi and Polly (the little dogs)
Your Hosts for BamaGanza 2017
2014 Georgetown XL378, 2013 Honda CR-V AWD Toad
Days Camped 2014 - 83, 2015 - 56, 2016 - 58, 2017 - 86

The Home of the FREE because of the BRAVE
LittlePM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:12 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Big Bad Allis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black View Post
Well thank you Big Bad...
We don't receive appreciation thoughts like yours for our hard work very often, so, I'll accept them gladly.
Farming IS a way of life...it's in our blood...being on call 24/7, working with nature and our beloved hens what can we ask better.
Thanks again !
BTW Big Bad Allis carried over from the days we used Allis Chalmers tractors before going the the Green ones
__________________
Jason
2012 F350 SRW Powerstroke
2011 Acadia Denali
2014 Montana 356TBF
Big Bad Allis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:40 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
BamaBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Whereever our Berkshire is Parked!
Posts: 6,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
We ran this thread back in the begining of the year:

What do we all do to pay for our camping trips

But no harm in repeating, we've got a lot of new people.

I work for a software company that caters to the Fortune 500. If you ever needed a Business Process or a Business Rules engine, you've probably heard of us.
Hmmm I musta missed that thread. Then again, there WAS that 3 week period where I was in for surgery..not sure I remember ANYthing then ...goooood drugs

Anyway, I am the site's token rocket scientist working for the US Army Space and Missile Defense Command (for 2 more years HEH!... then every day is Saturday!) 6 Actual, the DW is the Executive Assistant/XO for Command Staff.)

University of GA got me where I am today - GO DAWGS! College was a post military adventure of Bull$***, More $*** then Pile it higher n Deeper (BS, MS, PhD)

Military service: US Air Force- NOT a member of the ChairForce 1C2X1 Combat Control. 10 Years out as a MSGT. Nam Vet and hate bananas to this very day!

Oh yeah...here's 2 pictures of my office and 1 of our rig

(Joint Space Ops Center, Delta Heavy Launch at Vandenberg & our 5Er)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JSPoC.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	56334   Click image for larger version

Name:	Delta IV HLV Vandenburg.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	56335   Click image for larger version

Name:	Our 5er.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	56336  
__________________
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 04:01 PM   #19
TigerPride
 
cajunrvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Opelousas
Posts: 128
Bama thanks for ur service. Love to see half tons pulling fivers as I have the same rig up
ROLL ON HALF TONS,ROLL ON!ˇ!
__________________
cajunrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 04:11 PM   #20
Site Team
 
Kaadk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
Hmmm I musta missed that thread. Then again, there WAS that 3 week period where I was in for surgery..not sure I remember ANYthing then ...goooood drugs

Anyway, I am the site's token rocket scientist working for the US Army Space and Missile Defense Command (for 2 more years HEH!... then every day is Saturday!) 6 Actual, the DW is the Executive Assistant/XO for Command Staff.)

University of GA got me where I am today - GO DAWGS! College was a post military adventure of Bull$***, More $*** then Pile it higher n Deeper (BS, MS, PhD)

Military service: US Air Force- NOT a member of the ChairForce 1C2X1 Combat Control. 10 Years out as a MSGT. Nam Vet and hate bananas to this very day!

Oh yeah...here's 2 pictures of my office and 1 of our rig

(Joint Space Ops Center, Delta Heavy Launch at Vandenberg & our 5Er)
Now that's an office!

I've always wanted to check out, well, pretty much anything space related. The previous company I worked for had made the sensors on the end of the canadarm to correct it's orientation when picking up payloads, but alas, that was well before my time and NASA did their own work with the technology so they never needed maintenance or an upgrade.
__________________

__________________
There's no use crying over spilt milk, unless it's on your keyboard.
Kaadk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:07 PM.