Old 06-27-2014, 01:06 AM   #51
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
I was dropped on my head a lot as a baby.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Do I denote that sometimes it wasn't accidental?
I was told I fell out of my third story bedroom window several times as a youngster. I was nearly a senior in High School before it dawned on me that we lived in a one-story house all my life.

Seriously though, when it comes to camping, my parents moved around a lot when I was a child.

However, I was able to track them down every time.

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 08:10 AM   #52

I'm a Plant Superintendent for utility company in Minnesota. I have been camping most of my life. Started out tenting with my parents. When I married my DW who had never camped before we tented and she fell in love with it, we have moved up the line in comfort through the years to a tent trailer then a class A RV and traded that in this year for a Windjammer.

Old 06-28-2014, 08:16 AM   #53
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
I was told I fell out of my third story bedroom window several times as a youngster. I was nearly a senior in High School before it dawned on me that we lived in a one-story house all my life.
Seriously though, when it comes to camping, my parents moved around a lot when I was a child.
However, I was able to track them down every time.
I would guess much to their dismay.

Sounds kinda like some scofflaw Iowegian, he was sent to kindergarten one morning and his parents moved out of state that same morning while he was in school, but he has a nose like a bloodhound and still found them.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:42 AM   #54

Both the DW and I are retired. She was a high school English teacher in a large school district in suburban St. Louis, and I was a school bus transportation director for 35 years - the last 10 in the same school district where she taught.

We had been boaters for 25 years. I hold a USCG Master's License. We sold our last boat almost 3 years ago, and, partly at the urging of my brother and S-I-L (F.R.O.G. Bob is my brother) bought our first RV. We're not full-timers, maybe 1/3-timers, but love it.
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax 4X4
It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 07:20 PM   #55

wmtire, you remind me of the time I got lost at the mall as a kid. I went to the information desk and she called the mall cop. He walked around with me, looking for my parents. After 15 minutes or so, I looked up at him and asked, "Do you think we'll ever find my Dad and Mom?" He answered, "I don't know, kid. There's a lot of places they can hide."
In spite of my exciting childhood, I ended up with a mundane job of being an area manager for a building products manufacturer. As someone said, it pays the bills and allows for some camping.
2011 Rockwood 2604
K_and_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:41 AM   #56

I am a supervisor/acft mechanic/ pilot when needed for our airline, Wife is a stay at home mom taking care of the 10 & 12 year old and me. Started camping with my folks as a baby, camped with the military, camped with my friends, now the wife of 15 years is a princess and made me buy a camper, the current trailer is the 3rd new in the last 9 years, and will be the last...

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:55 AM   #57
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevanb View Post
I am a supervisor/acft mechanic/ pilot when needed for our airline, Wife is a stay at home mom taking care of the 10 & 12 year old and me. Started camping with my folks as a baby, camped with the military, camped with my friends, now the wife of 15 years is a princess and made me buy a camper, the current trailer is the 3rd new in the last 9 years, and will be the last...
You are so nave!

Words of experience here after 54 yrs of marriage, we've bought 4 new ones since Aug06 and had 3 trailers and 2 pop ups for El Caminos before that.
Old 07-28-2014, 02:05 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
You are so nave!

Words of experience here after 54 yrs of marriage, we've bought 4 new ones since Aug06 and had 3 trailers and 2 pop ups for El Caminos before that.
X100!

Let us know how that camper that had accomodations for the teens works for your DW when they are gone and she starts eyeing all the room folks in 5ers & class A's have
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 02:39 PM   #59
Plain Old Member

19 years offshore / oilfield on the drilling side. Wife is a stay at home mom, and homeschools our little ones. So, those that know about what I do, you know I'm home 6 months out of the year. Pretty much live like semi-retired people for 6 months. As the signature says, #7. This is our 7th rig since 2003. 2 bumper pulls, 2 fifth wheels, Class A, Class C and a popup, not in that order. Yes, we love RVing.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 03:16 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnD View Post
19 years offshore / oilfield on the drilling side. Wife is a stay at home mom, and homeschools our little ones. So, those that know about what I do, you know I'm home 6 months out of the year. Pretty much live like semi-retired people for 6 months. As the signature says, #7. This is our 7th rig since 2003. 2 bumper pulls, 2 fifth wheels, Class A, Class C and a popup, not in that order. Yes, we love RVing.
And with 19 years in the business, hopefully in a few more you can change "Semi-Retired" to "FULLY-Retired!!

(Is everything still working OK with the Awnings?)

Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote