Old 07-28-2014, 03:59 PM   #61
Plain Old Member

I here you. 11 more is my target as of now, to make it an even 30. Can't wait. Never know what'll happen between now and then. As for the awning, yep, it is still working great. Just a few more items to fix and everything will be 100% on this rig, knock on wood.

2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 12:38 AM   #62

Husband and I are pastors of a small church in a tiny community. We consider our church a "megachurch" since we have a population of 300 and our congregation runs about between 45 and 50. We have both been camping with our respective families since we were babies. When we got married, we tent camped, then bought a tent trailer, and then someone gave us a 1980 travel trailer in excellent condition. They were the original owners and we loved it. However, my husband was too tall to fit comfortably on the bed so we started looking at floor plans of new trailers. March 2014, we purchased our first new trailer, a Salem 27RKSS. We love it but it was falling apart before we took delivery of it. After many attempts at fixing stuff, we realized the dealer was not being honest with us. I contacted FR and they have been amazing, fixing or replacing everything needed, including installing a Wave Heater we purchased. We are looking forward to getting our trailer home next week. Need to take it for a vacation since it has been gone for 3 weeks.
We are parents of 2 adult (18 & 20) children, so it is mostly alone camping for us. We spend a lot of time hunting and fishing so we camp out in the woods, no asphalt pads for us.

Old 07-29-2014, 10:36 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
X100!

Let us know how that camper that had accomodations for the teens works for your DW when they are gone and she starts eyeing all the room folks in 5ers & class A's have
It is a 5er and at 38ft it has plenty of room

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:53 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapnread View Post
Husband and I are pastors of a small church in a tiny community. We consider our church a "megachurch" since we have a population of 300 and our congregation runs about between 45 and 50. We have both been camping with our respective families since we were babies. When we got married, we tent camped, then bought a tent trailer, and then someone gave us a 1980 travel trailer in excellent condition. They were the original owners and we loved it. However, my husband was too tall to fit comfortably on the bed so we started looking at floor plans of new trailers. March 2014, we purchased our first new trailer, a Salem 27RKSS. We love it but it was falling apart before we took delivery of it. After many attempts at fixing stuff, we realized the dealer was not being honest with us. I contacted FR and they have been amazing, fixing or replacing everything needed, including installing a Wave Heater we purchased. We are looking forward to getting our trailer home next week. Need to take it for a vacation since it has been gone for 3 weeks.
We are parents of 2 adult (18 & 20) children, so it is mostly alone camping for us. We spend a lot of time hunting and fishing so we camp out in the woods, no asphalt pads for us.
Welcome to the forums from Huntsville, AL Scrapnread!

Glad all your issues are being taken care of by FR. We are going to the big Forest River rally this weekend and I am looking forward to the factory tour and to talking to the folks who designed and built our camper!

Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote