Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2017, 01:06 PM   #1

The wait is almost over

Hi! everyone. The dealer said my Apex 249rbs came in yesterday. We will be going on Wed to look her over. We probably want bring it home that day. We already have other plans for Memorial Day weekend anyway. We will be attending Del Fest. Anyone on here who is going to be at Del Fest. We are excited the unit is finally in though. Can't wait to get her out for a test trip.
camper70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 10:48 PM   #2

the wait is almost over

Well we did our PDI today on our Coachmen Apex and glad to report finding no major problems. We did find about half a dozen minor problems the dealer has to address before we take delivery next week. The unit has Carlisle ST tires with a C load rating and rated for 75mph. I have no intention of going over 60 to 65. I was pretty impressed with the build quality after reading so many complaints by others on this forum. The layout of this unit will work very well for our needs.
Old 05-25-2017, 12:20 AM   #3
Site Team

Glad to hear this update. Believe me there are a lot more happy owners vs not-so-happy owners. Just a look at this site membership number.

Pictures are always welcome so feel free to share if you wish.

Happy camping!

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 03:09 PM   #4

the wait is almost over

Didn't think to take any pictures yesterday. I will post some once we bring the unit home.
Old 05-25-2017, 05:36 PM   #5

Congrats, I was following this thread as well as the "waiting" thread! Glad to see it all came together nicely for you!

I too was impressed with the build quality on my Grey Wolf 26DBH. I was prepared for the worst due to the horror stories you see posted but like mentioned above I believe it is a VERY small percentage. The good ones simply have no reason to post. The ONLY faults I found were a broken door latch screw on the rear door, instead of removing/tapping I just decided to drill a new hole and installed a machine screw below the broken one. Front screen door latch screws were loose so the doors would seperate, another easy fix.....just tighten them.

I stayed in ours 3 nights at home as a test run on both city and fresh water and can safely report all was well. Also can not find any leaks and we have had over 6 inches of rain since taking ownership. 100% happy and we are heading out tomorrow.

ProCharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 05:42 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by camper70 View Post
Hi! everyone. The dealer said my Apex 249rbs came in yesterday. We will be going on Wed to look her over. We probably want bring it home that day. We already have other plans for Memorial Day weekend anyway. We will be attending Del Fest. Anyone on here who is going to be at Del Fest. We are excited the unit is finally in though. Can't wait to get her out for a test trip.
From one Apex owner to another Welcome and go camping!!
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 05:46 PM   #7

Welcome !

What and where is a Del Fest ?
1930 lbs CCC
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
Going where the weather suits my clothes.
Steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 06:08 PM   #8

I can feel your excitement.
2011 Puma 295kbh
larryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 10:00 PM   #9

Thanks to everyone for the congrats. ProCharger the problems I found were foam seal around doors had minor issues with workmanship, a trim piece on a cabinet was scratched, cap to sewer outlet was missing, storage door did not fit right, plumbing under both sinks needed to be hand tightened more. I spent about 2.5 hours ding the PDI. Now for SteelJag the Del Fest is one of the largest Bluegrass, Country, and other music in the country. It was started by Del McCoury 10 years ago this year. It is a four day festival that takes place at the Allegany County Fairgrounds. Many of the top names in the genre hope to be invited to play every year. This is a local event for me. You should check it out sometime at Del Fest.com.