Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2014, 02:38 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_newfie View Post
Smashin' your knee on the WDH you forgot to take out of your truck and inventing all sorts of new curse words only to turn around and see a little child and their mother within spitting distance of you.... (Not that I have done that..).
Me neither... well maybe once or twice. Did have a guy impale a Toyota on my hitch one time; I pulled him over into a gas station to disconnect.
Rancho RS9000XL's and Firestone airbags
Pullrite Superglide 18k hitch
alphadog99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:47 AM   #102

It seems like at least once a year I have to deal with a nasty stinky mess at the dump station. Where someone either didn't have their hose in the hole or their hose failed while dumping! When that happens I probably look like I am straddling a giant hole in the earth!
DFW Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 01:32 PM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceblaze580 View Post
At least you are no still eating cinco de mayo left overs
Which reminds me of a photos a friend from NM sent last week...
Attached Images

Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:36 AM   #104

Our trip over memorial day started with us arriving at the state park and having to wait wait 20 minutes at the only water fill station because a huge MH was filling their water tank. The campground hosts were even calling park rangers to get these people to move along. We figured they were showering and doing their laundry as they were filling. Maybe they had a 1000 gallon tank. I thought the water flow was just slow, until the next person in line turned on the faucet before placing the hose in their fill valve. The water was shooting from the hose like crazy. It took me about 3 mins to fill a 30 gallon tank.

It ended waiting in line at the dump station. I got there just in time to be next in line. It did not take long for a line to build up behind me. The guy before me rushed around and did not let all of his sewage run into the dump hole. I had to do the straddle to keep out of it. I took my time and cleaned up afterward so the next in line would not have to deal with someone else's "crap".

Those videos surely omit these types of situations.

One other thing, we spent this past weekend at a private CG. Those videos don't show you that seasonal campers allow their kids to run all over the place and allowing them to think that all of the playground equipment belongs to them. Those same parents are the ones you can hear yelling across to their seasonal CG friends instead of walking over for a conversation. Honestly, this is the first CG I've been to like this but, it was very annoying.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:31 PM   #105

The videos don't show what happens when you don't connect your sewer hose properly and you wind up with both hands full of "crap" while your trying to get it hooked back on. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
dj3spots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 12:26 AM   #106
Moderator Emeritus

They don't show you what happens when you hook a battery up backward because the black cable is opposite what it is on a car! They don't show you that loosening the cap on a hot water tank with city water still on just to see if it filled is a bad idea.... funny to watch chairs fly from the water pressure and the look on Dhs face as well as the neighbor sprinting to turn it off though. Even better was explaining to his wife that this was really my dhs idea and not her dh.

They also don't tell you not to play amateur chemist with your black tank (lesson learned don't mix methods when you are not sure what chemicals might be in the drop in packet).

The movie RV should be required watching before starting this addiction, er hobby.

They number one thing they need to show is how not to believe the rv dealer when he says, "yes you can tow this trailer no problem".
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 10:35 AM   #107

That amber lenses or amber bulbs in porch lights keep bugs from hovering at the light.
Maybe in some parts of the country bugs ignore amber, but I haven't found that part of the country yet!
BobandArlene is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
show