Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2016, 04:08 PM   #621

I'd like to see the look on the face of whoever is relaxing in the hammock when they hear that Cummins diesel start up.
Old 07-21-2016, 04:18 PM   #622

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
I'd like to see the look on the face of whoever is relaxing in the hammock when they hear that Cummins diesel start up.

Trucks just dog out. Not enough power to hurt hammock

Russell
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 08:25 AM   #623
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by trudinator View Post
No photos, as I was driving...yesterday I saw someone pulling their travel trailer on the shoulder of an exit ramp. He was going really slow. Then I noticed why....he had a flat tire on his trailer. Or rather, the had TWO - one on each side! Not sure why he was still moving. I would have been on the phone to my insurance company for roadside assistance!

I had a fulltimer friend tell me that he would do whatever he has to in order to get off of the road before changing a flat on the highway- even if it meant destroying a rim in the process. He said he doesn't feel safe changing them on the shoulder and wouldn't do it.
Old 07-22-2016, 09:44 AM   #624
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I had a fulltimer friend tell me that he would do whatever he has to in order to get off of the road before changing a flat on the highway- even if it meant destroying a rim in the process. He said he doesn't feel safe changing them on the shoulder and wouldn't do it.
It's probably not a bad practice. I've heard stories of people stopping on the side of the road to change a tire and having another vehicle come along and hit them.

I have started seeing some "accident investigation areas" on more roads. It's literally a large area on the side of the road that is blocked off from the main traffic that you can pull into to safely change a tire or otherwise inspect your vehicle for some sort of damage in the case of a minor accident.
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 10:11 AM   #625
Insert witty title here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
It's probably not a bad practice. I've heard stories of people stopping on the side of the road to change a tire and having another vehicle come along and hit them.

I have started seeing some "accident investigation areas" on more roads. It's literally a large area on the side of the road that is blocked off from the main traffic that you can pull into to safely change a tire or otherwise inspect your vehicle for some sort of damage in the case of a minor accident.
For me, it depends. If it's a bright sunny day and the blown tire is on the passenger side, I'll change it. If it's either raining, night or on the drivers side, I'll call roadside assistance.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 10:40 AM   #626

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfromma View Post
For me, it depends. If it's a bright sunny day and the blown tire is on the passenger side, I'll change it. If it's either raining, night or on the drivers side, I'll call roadside assistance.
Good idea. I had to change a left front TV tire alongside I-85 south of Atlanta once. I didn't start the process until I made a call and got a state trooper parked behind me with blue lights flashing.
Old 07-22-2016, 11:06 AM   #627

Quote:
Originally Posted by cub22908 View Post
Well, I guess this is the correct topic for this. A few weeks ago we spent a weekend in O'Connells Yogi Bear campground in Amboy, IL. Walking the road around the lake we saw something we've never seen in ove 20 years of camping. A motorhome had his hose stretched out dumping his black tank onto the ground. It was running down across the road and into the lake. Lots of toilet paper and it smelled, it was not gray tank even though that would be bad also. It was an older MH so maybe it only had one tank. We walked up to the office and informed the manager and she gave us a sarcasic "they souldn't be doing that should they?" They absolutely didn't care and this MH continued to dump on the ground all weekend. Here is a picture of the aftermath, there were actual ruts in the ground from their dumping and they would occasionally pick up some of the TP but as you can see, not all. Unbelievable!

It could be worse....this moron could live next to you

2017 GMC SLT HD All Terrain Crew Cab (6' 6" Box) 2012 Roo 23SS
E2 Trunnion WDH (1,000 lb / 10,000 lb)
Dave Lyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 11:10 AM   #628

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
How not to haul your CRV down the road. ???? This trip has been very interesting ...............

We see that all the time on I-10 between California and SE Arizona. They go to auction and then haul into Mexico to sell. I don't see a 2nd or 3rd car in tow, so probably not one of the regulars here.

Happiness is just a ride away!
Sharon455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 11:23 AM   #629
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
Good idea. I had to change a left front TV tire alongside I-85 south of Atlanta once. I didn't start the process until I made a call and got a state trooper parked behind me with blue lights flashing.

That's exactly what I did- even for my passenger side tire.
Old 07-23-2016, 10:36 PM   #630
Always Learning

Saw this guy with a sweet mullet:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3130.JPG
Views:	610
Size:	348.7 KB
ID:	115047

Name:	IMG_3132.JPG
Views:	629
Size:	359.7 KB
ID:	115048
Old 07-23-2016, 10:37 PM   #631
Always Learning

Saw this cute paint job on a TT:

Name:	IMG_3175.JPG
Views:	666
Size:	419.6 KB
ID:	115049
Old 07-23-2016, 10:39 PM   #632
Always Learning

And, saw this neat storage box on the underside of a fifth wheel overhang:

Name:	IMG_2983.JPG
Views:	653
Size:	363.9 KB
ID:	115050

Name:	IMG_2984.JPG
Views:	599
Size:	306.6 KB
ID:	115051
Old 07-23-2016, 10:52 PM   #633
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

Ependydad, the mullet had me lol. I think because in my mind I'm sure it was just as funny watching you try to sneak a picture without getting caught by the mullet man.
18CrewDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 08:30 AM   #634
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
Very Expensive Hammock ends are a Dodge RAM and the other a Ram ...... . Great use of these trucks ................... saw them the other day as a double decker hammock......................

The dodge dually may be OK but the half ton on the left may be overloaded, depending on the size of the cargo in the hammock at any given time. Lol. Great picture.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 08:57 AM   #635

Our VERY first camping trip, years ago, in a popup. Right next to the bathhouse. Sitting outside eating and up walks two girls, giggling. This is what they had on.

I had to ask.............

They said their boyfriends worked in the gas fields that were booming then, and this was the suits they wore over their clothes on the drilling rig.

When they left, we could see they went to a remote area of the park but almost in sight. Best we could tell......they were all skinny dipping in the lake and the girls put those on over their birthday suits, to walk up to the bathroom.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	HazMat.jpg
Views:	574
Size:	410.0 KB
ID:	115062  

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 09:23 AM   #636

Quote:

Attachment 115047

Attachment 115048
One of the Few "Big Foot" sighting in a RV Park! Youroo!!
Old 07-24-2016, 09:26 AM   #637

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
Our VERY first camping trip, years ago, in a popup. Right next to the bathhouse. Sitting outside eating and up walks two girls, giggling. This is what they had on.

I had to ask.............

They said their boyfriends worked in the gas fields that were booming then, and this was the suits they wore over their clothes on the drilling rig.

When they left, we could see they went to a remote area of the park but almost in sight. Best we could tell......they were all skinny dipping in the lake and the girls put those on over their birthday suits, to walk up to the bathroom.
This should have been "Investigated Further"! Youroo!!
Old 07-24-2016, 09:40 AM   #638
Professional Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
Window A/C mounted to a piece of plywood and set on the ground in front of the door of a .......tent! Everyone had to step over the A/C unit to get in & out then zip the flap closed as tight as possible.
Our tent has a screened port on the back wall designed for a window air conditioner. You set the A/C on a platform to keep it off the ground about six inches then bungee the flap onto the A/C. It's very efficient and effective.
wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 11:30 AM   #639

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrvond View Post
Our tent has a screened port on the back wall designed for a window air conditioner. You set the A/C on a platform to keep it off the ground about six inches then bungee the flap onto the A/C. It's very efficient and effective.

I've seen that design in tents since. When I first saw it,......well......it was a first.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 11:31 AM   #640

Quote:

Attachment 115047

Attachment 115048

Alrighty then!!
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote