Old 07-05-2016, 12:42 PM   #561

No pictures but a couple of years ago saw tt set up then guy goes in and brings out 2 kayaks 2 bikes and coolers and other assorted items Can't figure how it all fit inside

Old 07-05-2016, 12:44 PM   #562

I wish I had a picture but then again I am telling on myself. Many years ago, my wife and I purchased a used 30' bumper pull. It appeared to be in good shape but found later that there was a lot of hidden damage, the biggest being a water leak. Well we took it on its maiden voyage to a campground about 2 hours away. Halfway during our week long stay, the a/c quit. Turned out the fan blade was brittle and came apart. No local shop could get one for several days. Determined not to end our stay early- this was June and in the mid 90's, I went to Walmart and purchased a window a/c unit. The camper had 2 entry doors so I used cardboard and filled in the door and made a cut out for the window unit. The window unit was then supported with 2x8's that I had cut up for leveling boards that I didn't need. We finished camping the rest of the week. I am sure everyone around just laughed at the Clampetts that were camping. I ended up fixing the a/c and repairing the water leak. A friend then purchased the camper to take to his hunting land.

Kris & Alicia
2001 Ford F250 CC LWB 4X4 PSD
B&W Companion Hitch
2012 Sierra 32QBBS
noslofivoh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 03:12 PM   #563
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by noslofivoh View Post
I wish I had a picture but then again I am telling on myself. Many years ago, my wife and I purchased a used 30' bumper pull. It appeared to be in good shape but found later that there was a lot of hidden damage, the biggest being a water leak. Well we took it on its maiden voyage to a campground about 2 hours away. Halfway during our week long stay, the a/c quit. Turned out the fan blade was brittle and came apart. No local shop could get one for several days. Determined not to end our stay early- this was June and in the mid 90's, I went to Walmart and purchased a window a/c unit. The camper had 2 entry doors so I used cardboard and filled in the door and made a cut out for the window unit. The window unit was then supported with 2x8's that I had cut up for leveling boards that I didn't need. We finished camping the rest of the week. I am sure everyone around just laughed at the Clampetts that were camping. I ended up fixing the a/c and repairing the water leak. A friend then purchased the camper to take to his hunting land.
Seeing a regular house window AC unit in a trailer is almost a common occurrence for me anymore. I don't even look twice when I see it.
Old 07-05-2016, 03:38 PM   #564
Head Rambler

We see window unit A/C's in tents all the time around here during the summer. And we also see a lot of tents in full hookup sites, so they can run those A/C's.
Old 07-05-2016, 04:25 PM   #565

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
We see window unit A/C's in tents all the time around here during the summer. And we also see a lot of tents in full hookup sites, so they can run those A/C's.

Some tents have a flap for it. Go figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 07-05-2016, 09:00 PM   #566

Saw this today in a parking lot for the Washington Island Ferry. Instead of taking the ferry trip I'd have spent my time getting a new tire!! This one "may" have "issues." Not a real good photo, but you get the idea.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1467766807305.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	113203  
trudinator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 09:16 PM   #567

Quote:
Originally Posted by trudinator View Post
Saw this today in a parking lot for the Washington Island Ferry. Instead of taking the ferry trip I'd have spent my time getting a new tire!! This one "may" have "issues." Not a real good photo, but you get the idea.
Agree that he needs a usable spare, but maybe he's trying to show the world how sorry the state of trailer tires has become...in many cases.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 09:37 PM   #568
DW's Retirement Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
You mean like this.....

And this.....

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life...
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 11:13 PM   #569

Just don't know what to say! Guess you could sleep on the back when the weather gets to rough?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1467774628685.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	113211  

2016 Ford F250 XLT 4X4 6.2L
2015 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329SS
Hensley Arrow
Nights camping in 2016: 19 nights
Miles traveled in 2016: 2,575
uhduh camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 05:22 AM   #570

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhduh camping View Post
Just don't know what to say! Guess you could sleep on the back when the weather gets to rough?

Nothing like being prepared !!

Russell