Old 01-29-2015, 03:33 PM   #31
I went from a 30 footer to a 34 foot TT. The extra length has not been a problem getting into State Parks or Corp Parks. As far as towing (2004 Nissan Titan 5.6 L w/ 373) has not changed any. Yes, it's aluminum sided, but prefer that to fiberglass. We have the rear kitchen, which gives us more cabinet space. If you want 36 feet, then go for it.

Steve and Marlene and 2 Furry Kids. LB (Maltese) Rocky (Border Terrier)
2013 Coachmen Catalina 25RKS 2006 Nissan Titan Crew Cab
Stg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 08:01 PM   #32
I did a lot of state park searching and research before we ordered our new Puma Unleashed 351THSS. At 37 feet, it's a good bit of trailer and some of the parks do have small sites here in PA. What I found was that some can only accommodate up to a 30' trailer, while most at least have a few sites that can fit the bigger trailers. Either way, whichever trailer we decided on wasn't going to fit on a 30' pad, as we wanted 2 bedrooms.

Granted the sites that will fit the trailer may not be the top choice sites, but sacrifices had to be made somewhere. The hardest part I've had with the state parks is the NARROW, one way roads through the campgrounds. Some have well designed spurs that come off at an angle and its no big deal. Others have pads that are 90 degrees to the road, and there's just nowhere for the nose of the truck to swing, and it takes a bit of space to swing the CCLB around.

2013 F350 dually
2015 Palomino Puma 351THSS Premier Edition
2015 Nights camped 15
2016 Nights camped 5
ferguson65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 08:09 PM   #33
Originally Posted by elind View Post
A lot of the state parks in Michigan are older and set up when TT were 21-25 footers Each park has a size limit for each lot. I've been locked out CGs that still had 25% openings because my 38' 5er didn't fit.
Right now at 32ft I am having issues in Ontario Provincial Parks finding sites in many parks. I hand pick and keep a list when we visit. Fortunately the on line registration system has measurements and pictures.
B and B
2013 Rockwood 8289 Diamond Edition
GY D's/2.5 inch lift kit/Powerhouse 4 KW EFI Generator
2016 Ford F 350 Lariat Power Stroke Diesel Crew Cab FX4
2008 Golden Falcon 380PA Park Model Model

"Oh Canada,True North Strong and Free!"
B and B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 08:36 PM   #34
ferguson65--you are right about the parks in Pa. We camp at Tionesta mostly, it is a very nice COE campground, but probably 3/4 of the sites would be too snug for our 38 foot salem.
pacin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 08:45 AM   #35
We wanted a smaller camper than our current 30 ft. Proud to say we made. Waiting for our new 29 1/2 ft camper to arrive late March.

sakool is offline   Reply With Quote