Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2016, 01:06 PM   #1

This Just In!!! Mesa, AZ

Drove out to SST Auto RV Monday only to find a near empty lot, locked office, and a banker in the lot. Guess what? They've filed for bankruptcy!Needed some extended warranty work! Now What? Well, I checked with AZ RV Service just down the block, and found out that they will honor extended warranties. They have to be better than the service dept. at SST.
Just sayin'
mikezjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 07:04 AM   #2

sst auto/rv

Do you know what bank is in the parking lot?
I live in MI, purchased a trailer on August 3 and have not received title for it. Very concerned.
DavidN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 10:46 AM   #3

This Just In

Sorry, I didn't think to ask which bank he represented. Did you but it in Mesa??
mikezjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 11:04 AM   #4

Yes, in Mesa on Wednesday, August 3. SST closed on Monday, August 8.
Title was to be mailed to me but, never received it. If you happen to drive by there again, please ask what bank and let me know as I need to contact them because they may be holding it.
Thanks in advance.
David
Old 08-16-2016, 12:47 PM   #5

Bankruptcy help

David: In my previous life I was a bankruptcy attorney. I'm guessing the bankruptcy was filed in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Phoenix, AZ. You can contact them and obtain a listing of creditors for the dealer. Look at the listing for the secured creditors and you should be able to discern who their bank creditor was. It's also possible that Forest River provided a "flooring line of credit" for items on their lot, in which case they could be a secured creditor of your trailer. I'd contact them too. Good luck.

P.S. If you aren't able to get your title quickly, you might want to retain a bankruptcy attorney to protect your interests. In this kind of situation, it's not unusual for a business to pocket your cash and not pay the manufacturer or whoever held title to your trailer - then you end up in possession of a trailer for which you can't get clear title. You may, in fact, be a creditor of this particular debtor and need to file the appropriate documentation with the bankruptcy court.
Old 08-16-2016, 01:14 PM   #6

That's going to be a mess for a lot of folks, creditors & customers alike.
Old 08-16-2016, 07:20 PM   #7
Dahagen

I purchased an RV from McMahons RV in Mesa, AZ in 2013 and when I went back 6 months later for some warranty work they were gone. Later heard that many RV buyers did not have their trade-in paid off and the extended warranty money paid to them never made it to the extended warranty company. A real mess for a lot of people. The only good news...the owner, Brent McMahon was looking at jail time. Good luck to those who bought from SST Auto RV.
dahagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 11:02 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidN View Post
Do you know what bank is in the parking lot?
I live in MI, purchased a trailer on August 3 and have not received title for it. Very concerned.
Call the DMV and check. Some states titles are filed electronically and physical titles not issued unless requested and fee paid for physical title. Just a thought
Good luck
twoclaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 10:21 AM   #9

Wow! We bought our current TT just over 2 years ago from SST. I am glad it is out of warranty and we did not purchase an extended warranty. Good luck to the OP, I hope you are not hit too hard.
Hermes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 02:41 PM   #10

After tracking down the flooring company that SST "sunk" my manufacturer's certificate with, I had to hire an attorney and show proof of purchase. They had to give it up at that point and just received it today. Took that immediately to the Secretary of State and applied for a new title and purchased a license plate! Now after 6 weeks, I can use it!