Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2016, 02:29 PM   #21

I have the Andersens and love 'em. I also use extended X-Chocks to cut down to trailer shake. My X-Chocks came with a warning stating they are NOT to hold the trailer in place, only to reduce trailer shake.
mbutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 02:37 PM   #22

When we had our TT we used the Andersens if needed and the Fastway ONE Steps on the other side. If we didn't need the Andersen we used 2 Fastway's.

We had an issue one time with the xchalks while on a bit of an incline.
Old 03-10-2016, 03:39 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbutts View Post
I have the Andersens and love 'em. I also use extended X-Chocks to cut down to trailer shake. My X-Chocks came with a warning stating they are NOT to hold the trailer in place, only to reduce trailer shake.
I now use OneStep after owning X-Chocks. You still have to added wedge type chocks when using the X-Chocks and you not suppose to put the X-Chocks in after you level and remove them before hook up. Seems like every time I went to remove the wedge chocks I had to more the forward or back to get them out. Now with OneStep I just grab and go. I never felt X-Chocks help all that much nor do I expect the OneStep to work much better.

Kinda Interesting that BAL that makes the X-Chock also makes one similar to the OneStep and BAL makes the same claim with them.

BAL - Innovative Products for the RV Industry
Sold 2016 Keystone Montana 3711FL
Sold - 2015 Crusader 315RST 5th Wheel -
2015 Ford F350 SRW Cargo Capacity 3744
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 04:16 PM   #24

I know from experience that you should still chock the tires opposite the Anderson's. I didn't the first time using them and when I went to leave discovered that the un-chocked side had rolled. Not much ... maybe just an inch or so ... but enough to put strain on the scissor jacks on that side. Now I level with the Anderson's (LOVE 'em) and use regular, cheap yellow chocks on opposite side ..... one each in front of front tire and behind rear tire to control movement in either direction.
gastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 05:07 PM   #25

I use Anderson revelers on 27 ft Rockwood, pull up on the big rocker wedges, place the chicks provided under the tapered end of the rockets. This Does chock the raised wheels, unless you're all the way to the 3" end. I chock front and back of low side, and also use X Chicks between tires on both sides. Keeps the trailer in.place, and steady.
Rv'n since 2002
TnCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 06:11 PM   #26

When you back/pull onto the leveler, place a chock under each leveler as it will be raised off the ground. This causes a cradle for the tires to sit in. Then I put x-chocks on both sides of the trailer
keeprr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 11:39 PM   #27
Rivnut

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by flymhi View Post
X2! I have two x-chocks that I need to sell but will be buying new xtended x-chocks for our new spread axle unit. They sure do make things secure just like emergency brakes on a car. If you are interested in the regular x-chocks, let me know and I'll make a deal since you are local.
Always take a board alone so you don't butt then in soft ground like I did.
Rivnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 07:29 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinostop View Post
Flymhi I might be willing to do an equal trade. I believe I have the extended ones but need the regular ones. I will know for sure this weekend when I pick my unit up from storage. I got a new camper in the fall and I think the spacing narrower than the last unit I had

Eastlake, Ohio
2013 F-350 Turbo Diesel
2016 Heritage Glen 368rlbh

Shoot me a pm if that's the case.
Old 03-11-2016, 08:08 AM   #29

this is how we remove the Andersen Leveler chock piece when I'm ready to come off the AL. When I move forward just a bit to take the weight off the chock, my wife can easily and safely pull both out of the way without having to get down near the tire to remove them. Then I can roll back off the AL. The eye bolts can be put in from either side, depending on which side of the trailer the AL is on. Works great and she stands back away from any danger.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5382.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	286.6 KB
ID:	101596  

fella10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 08:37 AM   #30

I have the andersen leveler and had to cut about 4" of each, I also put stair step non-slip on each. I have two X-Chock installed to stop the movement.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 09:54 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by fella10 View Post
this is how we remove the Andersen Leveler chock piece when I'm ready to come off the AL. When I move forward just a bit to take the weight off the chock, my wife can easily and safely pull both out of the way without having to get down near the tire to remove them. Then I can roll back off the AL. The eye bolts can be put in from either side, depending on which side of the trailer the AL is on. Works great and she stands back away from any danger.

Gonna have to steal that idea.

Thanks,

Tug: 2010 2wd Nissan Armada Titanium with tow package.
Specs: Max Trailer Weight 9,100, Tongue Load: 910, GCWR: 15,100, GVWR: 7,150, Payload: 1,592
DadOfTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 10:16 AM   #32

We chock with the red chocks on the side with the Anderson Levelers, then X-Chock both sides to reduce movement in the trailer with walking around. We do not chock the opposite side and have never had a problem with the trailer moving at all.

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote