Old 03-27-2007, 02:09 PM   #1

Question Thoughts on "The RV Factory"

Good day all,

I'm fairly certain I know what the answer to this is going to be, but did anyone purchase their camper through "The RV Factory"? I found them online and they claim to be a certified Forest River dealer but I can't find them listed anywhere on the Forest River website (nor even with the Better Business Bureau). A good relationship with a local dealer is certainly valuable to me as a consumer and I don't have any problem with the dealer making a living, but where do you draw the line with what they charge you for it?

Thanks.

Mike

PS: Just in case the web admin is listening in, is it expected behavior to not be able to use quotes when searching the forums (i.e. "The RV Factory")?

Old 03-27-2007, 09:35 PM   #2

Interesting!!

Got a link to "The RV Factory" ?

Oh wait, I think I found it. Is THIS it?

Old 03-28-2007, 08:34 AM   #3

My bad. Yes, www.thervfactory.com
Old 03-28-2007, 08:38 PM   #4

I may be wrong, but would think it is affiliated with Forest River's Flagstaff division.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:55 AM   #5

Thumbs down In short, no thanks.

I just talked with several people at Forest River corporate and none of them had ever heard of www.thervfactory.com.

Per the thervfactory website: We are not an RV Broker, and there is no network of dealers we refer you to. We are a Franchised RV Dealer selling specific lines of Fifth Wheels, Travel Trailers and Class B Motorhomes “ Factory Direct”. We are The RV Factory.com, a factory authorized dealer for manufacturers in the United States. We’ve been in business since 1993, specializing in new recreation vehicle sales. We have delivered RVs to United States and soon to other countries throughout the world.

Buying through thervfactory means having your camper shipped directly to your house. This is something that Forest River corporate very much disagreed with. It’s their policy that a camper must go to an authorized dealer to be prepped, all systems checked, and a walkthrough provided to a purchaser – none of which you’d get if you bought through thervfactory. One might argue that if a company made a quality product that you might be able to skip some of this, but on a large purchase like this I’m going to go with Forest River on this one.

So, Forest River does not consider them an authorized dealer and they don't exist in any BBB records. I don't think so. I've already got a very good relationship going with a local dealer and they'll be the one I order from.