Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2010, 09:22 PM   #1

Today Is The First Day Of Spring.....

Is everyone ready for those that have been house bound due to the heavy snow storms and cold weather here in the North/East. We are planning to get set up next Saturday......Let camping begin.....
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 09:32 PM   #2
Now a "Top Member"

Heh...spring indeed! We are out camping on our maiden voyage for the new 5er. A cold front blew through today...it was 65 at 10am. It was 45 at 11am and pouring rain. Now the rain is gone, and it's dipped below 40, and the wind is howling like crazy! Well, on the good side, we got to test the AC, the heat, look for any leaks, test the power awning, and we found we can't run the city water with a pressure regulator. So even though the weather is crap, it was a good first trip of the year, in the new digs, pulled by the new truck!
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 09:42 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdJunior View Post
Heh...spring indeed! We are out camping on our maiden voyage for the new 5er. A cold front blew through today...it was 65 at 10am. It was 45 at 11am and pouring rain. Now the rain is gone, and it's dipped below 40, and the wind is howling like crazy! Well, on the good side, we got to test the AC, the heat, look for any leaks, test the power awning, and we found we can't run the city water with a pressure regulator. So even though the weather is crap, it was a good first trip of the year, in the new digs, pulled by the new truck!
Covered it all in one trip, now that's the way to do it! Good to hear. We found the same thing with the water regulator. The factory installed water filter does a great job of reducing pressure.

Was near 70 here today outside Seattle. Almost unheard of temperature for here in the spring. We're getting the boat and the RV ready for our trip in a couple of weeks.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 10:51 PM   #4

It was 72 here in Tulsa yesterday. Started raining at 8PM Friday night and changed to snow at 8AM Saturday. Apparently we will end up with 5-10 inches of white stuff before the sun sets on Sunday.

Al Gore promised me global warming... Yet another politician letting me down!
TulsaSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 07:17 AM   #5
Newb

Ed jr, sounds like a great shakedown cruise, lol. We'll have new digs and a new truck too - i can't wait! Two more weeks...

We had sun and 70s here yesterday - it was amazing! Tons of yardwork done, tweaked my back, lol, and more to do today. I have to clean out the Roo of all our stuff and get it looking and smelling good.
F-350 (V-10) to tow
2010 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8317RKSS
PattiPatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:24 AM   #6

It's 71 here in Miami, the bad news for us about Spring is it means it's time for us to start home to Minnesota.
Reese 18K hitch - Garmin 1690 GPS
2008 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Long Box, Smartair
Nights camped in 2011: 120
Traveler II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:29 AM   #7

so is it safe to run city water without a pressure regulator
Old 03-21-2010, 11:06 AM   #8

I too took advantage of the amazing NW weather we are having by catching up on yard work (and none too soon, went from 70 and sun to rain today), but the light is at the end of the tunnel. Now that I doubled up on my chores, including getting the garden turned a month early, it gives me the next couple weekends to camp.

I also snuck away from yard care to install an electric tongue jack! No more cranking!!!

Its Spring break here in the NW for the next 2 weeks, so I think I will head to some tucked away primative spots in the coming weeks. And, the club properties have been fishing really well, so its primed to be a great spring! The downside to the nice weather is the low snowpack and lack of rain means the rivers won't be prime kayaking season this year.
Old 03-21-2010, 03:32 PM   #9
Now a "Top Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy02 View Post
so is it safe to run city water without a pressure regulator
Actually, I've only had the pressure regulator on for a couple of trips in the 5 years I had my previous TT. The one leaked, and the other one never let any water through! I've found that if the pressure "seemed" too powerful, just don't turn it on as much at the faucet. I always turn it on slowly anyway...good way to check for leaks.

So in short, the answer is yes. Just be sure and take things slowly.
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 04:02 PM   #10

i run a reducer here at home, we have anywhere from 70-90 psi at times at the pipe

as for spring
it snowed here this morning

Friday was over 70
Saturday it rained, then last night it turned to white volcanic global warming SNOW
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 204.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	2314  
Old 03-22-2010, 10:07 AM   #11

Took full advantage to the first day of spring and the weekend. Left out Friday morning, set up at Cumberland Gap National Park.. stayed till just after noon on Sunday. Was starting to sprinkle just as we were leaving. Friday was great but Saturday was perfect! I think it hit 70! Had good heater to use at night... stayed warm. Loved it! Next trip out will be for 2 weeks starting April 26! Can't wait!

Official member of the "Roo Kroo"!
2009 - 4, 2010 - 135
2011 - 95 and counting
skeeterbait8 is offline   Reply With Quote