Old 11-04-2014, 11:18 AM   #31
Site Team
We use angel soft. Had our last tt for 3 1/2 years. No issues with it or the fiver using Angel soft. As others said, antiseptic safe tp is fine just use lots of water and proper tank management.

<a href= target=_blank></a>
2014 Crew Cab Chevy Silverado 3500 4wd Duramax/Allison
2014 Sabre 34REQS-6
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 12:22 PM   #32
BamaGanza FROG Promoter
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
Some teddy brand that is soft from Costco. If bears can use it surely I can!!!
X2 what Brian Said - or Northern from Sam's Club if it is on sale. Same stuff we use at our home - oh, and we use the flushable "wipes" as well.

We use OC's chemical mix in a Blue Streak (1/3 Pinesol, 1/3 SuperClean, 1/3 Water + I put a healthy shot of Dawn - and ONLY Dawn dishwashing liquid in the mix).

If we are camping for a few days-week, I will "pre-treat" the black tank with 2 gal of water and 1 cup of RV-digest-it 1-2 days before we leave to develop a good colony in the tank.

When we do the final dump at the end of a trip I will often leave the tank turbo cleaner on for 30-45 min after the dump of black+grey+galley.

Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 12:51 PM   #33
Moderator Emeritus
Wow, 4 pages just on TP! (Like many of you, we've always used the RV brand...either Wally World's or Scotts.) I'll have to find a glass jar and do the shake test on our regular stuff.

Butt I will spare you all any putrid, foul, or whiffy comments! ;-)
Rick & Karen
(Retired USAF, MSgt)
Monument, Colorado
5-year Travel Trailer RVers
2013 Forest River Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2904SS
2014 Toyota Tundra Maxcrew SR-5 TRD 4x4
ColoradoRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 01:04 PM   #34
We generally use Scotts single ply that you buy from the grocery are but have also used the same septic safe 2 ply we use in the house (we are on a septic).

Most papers will break down pretty quickly if they can free float in water. The problem isn't so much the type of paper but the paper to water ratio. This means you need to be more cognizant about the quantity of paper you use in the RV than you do at home.
2015 F150 Ecoboost
2014 Palomini 142 CK
keith_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 01:11 PM   #35
Mod free 5er
Originally Posted by Islander View Post
"4mula1fan" ..... well I can suggest a couple of reasons your tank gauge is not reading properly:...
We've had 2 new Flagstaff trailers with the gauges and neither set of gauges read the black tank properly from day one and neither had had anything but clear water put in them. The fresh water, and galley tanks were close, but the black tanks never read empty even when they were new. I just empty them about every 5-7 days and always put 3 or 4 gallons back in them after emptying them.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 06:14 PM   #36
Done with this
My sensors and readings are fine because we won't put paper in the dang toilet...If they start reading wrong, it will be more than paper stuck to the sensors.

I'm a little too truthful, I guess.
Y'all have fun in "Fantasy Land".
4mula1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 07:45 PM   #37
And like everything there is no one size fits all; my sensors read just fine and we put non-RV toilet paper down ours (I'm fact, the toilet paper did the worst in our tests compared to all others).
2013 Sabre 36QBOK pulled by a 2012 Ram 3500 DRW
Blogs: Learn to RV & Personal Fulltiming Adventure
Towing Calculators: Towing Planner
ependydad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 07:14 AM   #38
Use what we used in the house.....Charmin
cpaulsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 07:38 AM   #39
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
And like everything there is no one size fits all; my sensors read just fine and we put non-RV toilet paper down ours (I'm fact, the toilet paper did the worst in our tests compared to all others).
X's 2 ependydad, and I use 2 ply all the time, I don't use a separate container like people do in Mexico that's the first place I ever seen that done. Lived in Mexico for over a year and that is common there. I also use my Black flush for about a 1/2 hr after I dump no problem with sensors at all. I had a bought a boat and had what is called an off shore delv. 3 miles out at sea. Was allowed by law to bring it back in the USA SF, CA for 30 days and then had to take it out of the USA for 6 months.
Sailed down to Ensenada Mexico left it there for 6 mos, and never had to pay the 20,000 some dollar sales tax on it. They had a whole Marina of boats doing the same thing as me......

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote