Old 11-13-2014, 04:46 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parmela View Post
I hope this is the right place to post these questions. I'm going out on a limb here to expose just how ignorant I am when it comes to camping.

What brand of toilet paper is best for use in an RV?any septic safemis fine. Costco Kirkland brand is a popular choice

If you want to stock your freezer for a week on the road.....what will REALLY fit in it? DW can fit about a week and a half in pkus ice cream

How do you keep the things in your refrigerator from bouncing around while one the road? never had a problem. Pack right and things just dont move around

And in the the cabinets for that matter? same as anove

Where do you store your dirty laundry? we have a washer, so we just do a load every day or so

Any other advice would be GREATLY appreciated!
All good questions

Old 11-13-2014, 04:48 PM   #12

Thumbs up

To keep dishes and such from moving around we used pieces of rubbery plastic shelf/drawer liner material. It looks a bit like a soft plastic webbing material that comes in rolls of various colours. The stuff available at dollar stores works fine.
Laying a stripe inside each cupboard keeps dishes, pots and pans from sliding easily. Cutting a few 4" square pieces to be placed between each stacked plate or bowl keeps them from rattling and moving around. Travel Safe

Randy and Diane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 05:46 PM   #13
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

One of the best purchases I have made is a portable freezer that runs on ac/dc. I typically travel with a "clan" and the extra freezer space is golden. I have a Wynter 85qt portable freezer I got from HD and it's worth it's weight in gold. Especially when you have $500-$600 worth of meat in it and it keeps it frozen down to -8F. It is also great as a portable fridge, as the temp can be set to any temp. I've had this in 90F temps and it held temps at -5. As for TP, we use Angel Soft and have never had a problem.
Old 11-15-2014, 02:00 AM   #14

New to camping myself and Dollar Tree was one of my first stops. Curtain rods across your refrigerator shelves work well. I also purchased baskets for each cabinet and labeled them. For clothes, dirty and clean, we use regular laundry baskets.
I load the laundry baskets w clean clothes for a trip. Fill up the empty ones on trip. Wash in house and store in basket for next trip (especially sheets and towels)
Amazon Prime is my newest friend.
Old 11-15-2014, 05:46 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy and Diane View Post
To keep dishes and such from moving around we used pieces of rubbery plastic shelf/drawer liner material. It looks a bit like a soft plastic webbing material that comes in rolls of various colours. The stuff available at dollar stores works fine.
Laying a stripe inside each cupboard keeps dishes, pots and pans from sliding easily. Cutting a few 4" square pieces to be placed between each stacked plate or bowl keeps them from rattling and moving around. Travel Safe
We also put the rubbery shelf liner on all our shelves and drawers. Maybe the liner that Randy and Diane used sticks better, but ours tended to slide when we put items on a shelf. I put a strip of double-sided foam tape across the front and back of each shelf and drawer. That holds the rubbery shelf liner in place. We completely covered the shelves and drawers.

We have a Sunseeker 3100 Class C, and we don't hear much banging around. We use Corelle ware plates and bowls and don't put anything between them. It's surprising how well items like coffee cups stay in place considering the turns, dips and bumps that we encounter.

We do put dish towels between pots, pans and lids. We are concerned that one sitting in another would beat up the non-stick coating.
Old 11-15-2014, 05:58 AM   #16

For laundry, we have two laundry bags. They take up no space when empty. We stuff the one we're using in a bedroom wardrobe. When one is full I put it in an outside compartment. There are two of us, we are retired, and mostly make trips of three weeks to three months, staying in one place three or four days. We stop at a Laundromat about every ten days. We load as many washing machines as we need at once, and in two hours we're done.