Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2018, 12:07 AM   #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
That's the longest post I have ever seen, I quit reading after the first two paragraphs
May have been the longest, but most accurate. Wake up and read it again, all the way through.
frankraney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 12:15 AM   #162

You are definitely in dually territory.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 05:25 AM   #163

Bottom line for me was safety! I certainly did not want to get rid of my 2015 High Country 2500 that was tuned and deleted with a ton of mods to include 5 inch exhaust and AMP running boards. Thought this would be my forever truck! That is until I pulled the 5er, It was sketchy to say the least.

I will learn to love the new Dually. One thing I can tell you is that there is no comparison between how each truck handles the 5er.

Mike

mzodarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 08:15 AM   #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzodarg View Post
Bottom line for me was safety! I certainly did not want to get rid of my 2015 High Country 2500 that was tuned and deleted with a ton of mods to include 5 inch exhaust and AMP running boards. Thought this would be my forever truck! That is until I pulled the 5er, It was sketchy to say the least.

I will learn to love the new Dually. One thing I can tell you is that there is no comparison between how each truck handles the 5er.

Mike
It could have been your forever truck... All you had to do was look at the specs on your truck then check the specs on the dinner, and stay well within the truck specks.... If everyone door that, they would not have the problem.... That can not be stressed enough...... It makes go unhappy campers when they find out they are over loaded, and it could have been solved before hand... It can be an expensive lesson.
frankraney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 09:15 AM   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankraney View Post
It could have been your forever truck... All you had to do was look at the specs on your truck then check the specs on the dinner, and stay well within the truck specks.... If everyone door that, they would not have the problem.... That can not be stressed enough...... It makes go unhappy campers when they find out they are over loaded, and it could have been solved before hand... It can be an expensive lesson.
Yes it could have been, sad thing was I was ignorant to the max payload for my 2500. I can tell you that the camper we got was exactly what we wanted, Dealer was willing to swap it out, wasn't a 5er (toyhauler) on the lot that my 2500 could handle based on pin weight and max payload.

It was no more expensive since I had almost 20K in equity on my 2500, just the inconvenience was what sucked, that and now I have a stock truck!

mzodarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 10:12 AM   #166
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

When I bought my 2015 Chevy 2500HD I was after overkill for my bumper pull TT...which it was!

Had I known a 5'ver was in my future I would have purchased a 3500 dually.

However, with the less than one year old brand new truck and a two year old TT that turned out to be the money pit (remember that movie?)...the search for a new trailer began!

Found the perfect one...a 5'ver that was way too heavy for my truck.

Found a sister model with the exact same floor plan...again, too heavy, but not by much.

By accident while searching the manufacturer's website (not FR), low and behold, another sister model that was well within the towing specs of my truck!

I'm in that 5'ver right now typing this in southwestern New Mexico...

Brought it home three years and two days ago!

Fully loaded it weighs just under 9900 pounds.

If you already have the truck you plan to keep, it will be much more beneficial to purchase the trailer to fit the truck you have...not the one (trailer) you think you 'want'!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ProwlerUtahOverlook-P1020106.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	911.1 KB
ID:	174231  
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 01:07 PM   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankraney View Post
May have been the longest, but most accurate. Wake up and read it again, all the way through.

I thought it was a robot, all sounded like garbage to me. Forgive me but the op got another truck, a dually. And this thread goes on and on.
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 01:53 PM   #168
Who Dares, Wins

167 ,I mean 168... posts and going! I think the OP should get a bigger truck.. oh,wait,he did...

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 08:54 AM   #169

i Think camper1999 is exactly right.
Ted Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 09:26 AM   #170

On the way to work this morning, I watched a brand new F150 pulling a Cedar Creek 5th Wheel. That CC was kicking that trucks ass, femder flares looked to be almost even with the top of the wheels. I just shook my head and drove on in my Duramax Dually
rblack22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 12:08 PM   #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by rblack22 View Post
On the way to work this morning, I watched a brand new F150 pulling a Cedar Creek 5th Wheel. That CC was kicking that trucks ass, femder flares looked to be almost even with the top of the wheels. I just shook my head and drove on in my Duramax Dually

All he needed was Firestone air bags
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
suspension, tow vehicle, upgrade