Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2013, 11:28 AM   #1

Towing a 365saq with a ford 2008-2010 f250 6.4 diesel

Does ANYONE allready tow a 365saq or equivilant with a STOCK Ford f250 6.4 liter diesel supercrew/longbed, with no upgrades to the truck and if you did upgrades can you tell me what they were please. i can not afford the air bags that you fill with a press of a button. 350 springs will be 500.00 for me, so thats an option I can afford if i have to. I really want this model and do not want to get a larger truck and may just have to get a smaller 5th wheel. we will not carry anything but us and a full tank of fuel in the truck. we also travel light in the 5thwheel, the kids will carry there stuff in thier own cars. If no one is using this truck to pull one that will be a sign that its prob not a good idea. I have no 5th wheel hitch yet so can not get stats to see where i am. of course both dealers have told me no problem and MAY have to get air bags or better springs. any help would be great...thanks.
quick83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:00 PM   #2

Hello Quick,

I can't substantiate the towing, I am sure others will though. I can say that there are air bag kits available for under $500 that you fill pressure through an air compressor externally. Some people use these and while not as convenient as having an onboard compressor, it might be a good option for you to check out. Especially, if you can install them yourself. From what i've seen people run the lines to fill the bags out near the rear of the truck in the area of the license plate. It's filled just with a schrader valve.

Might be an option to check out atleast. I'm sure you will get a response on towing.

What specific year is your truck? I know it says 2008-2010 but, what is the exact year, that might help folks narrow it down a bit for you.
Flagstaffer06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:01 PM   #3
Always Learning

I know people are towing my model (similar in weight and length) with 2500 series trucks. I would guess that they are over on GVWR but under on rear axle weight and tire load capacities and that's ok for them.

There's really no reason to not take your truck, spouse and any usual passengers to a scale and get it weighed then add X for the weight of the hitch itself. From there you can do the math on GVWR minus truck weight to get your payload and rear axle weight rating minus the rear axle weight to find out your capacity there.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:26 PM   #4

MY TRUCK is a 2008. have the whole tow package, 373 gears, 18 " wheels, not a 4X4. thanks all
quick83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
365, 365saq, diesel, f250, towing