Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2013, 07:03 PM   #1

Toy Hauler - 25RR closet questions?

Ok, so we have a 2013 Grey Wolf 26RL and we are thinking of trading it in for a Grey Wolf Toy Hauler. The 25RR has couches that face each other that we would like, however there doesn't look to be any closets. The 19RR and 21RR both have closets and pantries, why would they not put them in the 25RR.
Anyone that has one please let me know if this is big deal for you.

Thanks
Tony S

2013 Grey Wolf 26RL
2012 Ram 1500 Hemi 4x4
Tony S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:11 PM   #2

I have a 19RR and I don't think it has enough closet or storage space but we get by. I'm not familiar with the 26RL but I'll go check it out. I know that the 19RR is made for one couple and that's it. Anymore and it's way too crowded in there. Still, I would be with a few mods you could add some storage space. In the 19RR I'm eyeballing the top bunk behind the bathroom. I'm thinking of a door in the bathroom to store towels and such in the back part of the bunk bed area (the part you can't reach anyway from the hallway).
Old 08-12-2013, 07:15 PM   #3

Can't speak for the Grey Wolf but we have a Puma Toyhauler the main clothes storage is two cabinets beside the bed & a long one above the bed in the front ..... We usually only camp for a week at a time & manage ....... But we also usually take way too many clothes we are working on that

Its not home but we figure its camping got to rough it some ........ good luck with your decision....... Toyhaulers are nice

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:12 AM   #4

Thanks guys for the response, hopefully a 25RR owner will see this and give me some insite on how they feel about it.

2013 Grey Wolf 26RL
2012 Ram 1500 Hemi 4x4
Old 08-13-2013, 05:24 PM   #5

I ordered a 2014 in Feb. and asked the dealer to have FR add a closet at the end of the bed. You lose the little walkway at the end of the bed, but gain storage all the way across the width of the bed (under the bed storage goes all the way across the front of the trailer). I also bought two doors from F.R. and added them facing forward for access to the additional storage from inside without lifting the mattress each time. Sorry I'd take a picture but my camper is at the dealer right now.
dieseldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:06 PM   #6

Thanks for the reply. So does the closet block the entire end of the bed?

2013 Grey Wolf 26RL
2012 Ram 1500 Hemi 4x4
Old 08-14-2013, 05:06 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony S View Post
Thanks for the reply. So does the closet block the entire end of the bed?

The closet doesn't, but the end of the bed is extended all the way to the wall eliminating the walk area. then the closet sits on top of there and below the upper cabinet. The closet only comes out as far as the upper cabinet.

Again, when I get my trailer back I'll take pics and post them for you if you want.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:53 AM   #8

Sorry it took so long. As promised, pics of what I could not explain well. I ordered the closet at the time that I ordered my trailer. To my surprise they extended the bed all the way to the wall. (I was happy about that) They also moved the outside access door to right side of the trailer.(a pleasant surprise also)
I ordered the lower cabinet doors from the factory and added them after I picked up the trailer and saw what I had there.
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (2).jpg
Views:	155
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	38525
The closet actually only goes to the level of the bed frame. and the whole area under the bed is open for storage.

Name:	photo (3).jpg
Views:	104
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	38526
I also added an overhead storage on the left side of the trailer in the back, that came with the additional light fixture under the cabinet on that side. Another pleasant surprise.

Name:	photo (4).jpg
Views:	129
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	38527
also changed from the model I looked at, was the radio moved to the forward compartment.. this opened up additional room in this storage area. I did the mod found in this forum of opening up the area behind the t.v. and putting that on a lockable swivel mount.

Name:	photo (5).jpg
Views:	118
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	38528

Name:	photo (7).jpg
Views:	113
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	38529

Tags