Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2017, 07:40 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbenson1234 View Post
Thank you Mariner Joe!! I have attached the manual as requested. If you have any questions feel free to contact me anytime at 210-420-0132

Thanks,
Mike Benson
TST TPMS
THANKS so much! I've got the display here at my desk and it'll be my "fidget spinner" for a while anyway.
Past: 2018 Flagstaff MicroLite 21FBRS
Past: 2005 Flagstaff Classic 625D
TV: 2016 Ford F-150 3.5 EcoBoost
marinerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 08:03 AM   #62

Location: Jonesboro AR--Home of Arkansas State University and the Red Wolves
Include the spare, too!!!!

Might add something to this thread....maybe have missed it in reading comments but Mike at TST suggested to me some time ago to add a sensor to the spare tire.....how many have needed a spare to find it flat when you go to mount it....I've now been running the 507 flow-thru system for 3+ years....probably 25000 miles on two different fifth wheels...using rubber valve stems on the 5er tires....using the repeater as well.....also have TST's internal sensors banded inside my 1 ton SRW Chevy tow vehicle's tires....so, I'm monitoring a total of 9 tires as we go down that RV highway.....just completed a 2000 mile Texas trip and had ordered from Chip at Great RV the color monitor before we left....did a quick install and program of it before we left and WOW!!!!....what a change from the old B&W monitor.....the whole system works like a charm!!!!....Great company with a great team for support.
2014-38nights/3500 mi; 2015-66nights/6260 mi;2016-44 nights/6106 mi;2017-65nights/6992 mi;2018-47nights/7376mi;2019-65nights/7825 mi;2020-59nights/4142mi;2021-39nights/3072 mi;2022-59-nights/6149 mi;2023-36nights/3001miles.
jtownstumpjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 01:08 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSBivings View Post
just got my 507 last week. 239.00 plus 79.00 for the color monitor
The six sensor with color is $429.

Plenty of alternatives around $200.
IDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 01:15 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDguy View Post
The six sensor with color is $429.

Plenty of alternatives around $200.
The question is, "do those alternatives work as well?"

Some say no and have been bitten by lack of warning when a tire starts to loose air.

My TST-507 has already saved me more than I would have saved by buying the loser cost alternative.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 01:59 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
The question is, "do those alternatives work as well?"

Some say no and have been bitten by lack of warning when a tire starts to loose air.

My TST-507 has already saved me more than I would have saved by buying the loser cost alternative.
That’s the question!

There are multiple reviews on many of them. Doubt you can support your last sentence. Perhaps you can say, “My TST-507 has saved me more than it cost.”
Old 11-30-2019, 02:29 PM   #66

Quote:
That’s the question!

There are multiple reviews on many of them. Doubt you can support your last sentence. Perhaps you can say, “My TST-507 has saved me more than it cost.”

Close but not quite yet

Only two "saves" and my tires aren't that expensive. Now if you consider the intangible, damage caused, then perhaps. FWIW, all the tire failures I've had in the past have never caused any damage. I noticed them tossing chunks during my "Obsessive Mirror Checks". I learned decades ago to scan gauges and mirrors frequently rather then just staring out the windshield.

Old 11-30-2019, 02:36 PM   #67

I have been extremely satisfied with my EezTire tpms. Has saved my fifth wheel from damage on two separate occasions when I had sudden loss of air pressure on the OEM tires. I run 10 senders between the camper and the dually. It checks each one for about 5-6 seconds then moves to the next. So it cycles all ten every minute for temperature and pressure.

2016 F350 CC Dually Powerstroke 4x4
2014 Cedar Creek 34RLSA w/Level Up
2007 HD Ultra Classic 103
USS Pyro AE-24 WestPac MM2 '71-'75
SlowrideHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 02:51 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowrideHD View Post
I have been extremely satisfied with my EezTire tpms. Has saved my fifth wheel from damage on two separate occasions when I had sudden loss of air pressure on the OEM tires. I run 10 senders between the camper and the dually. It checks each one for about 5-6 seconds then moves to the next. So it cycles all ten every minute for temperature and pressure.
That TPMS is in the same "class" as the TST 507, certainly not an "economy model".

Old 12-01-2019, 10:26 AM   #69

I just received my tst-507 with color monitor it was easy to setup anxious to see how it works heading out to Orvin on Friday morning for warranty work.8 hour drive.
mshenygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 12:15 PM   #70

Ready to buy

A TPMS for my new Georgetown 30x3. It has 19.5 inch wheels and 82 psi tire pressure. So any TPMS with 6 sensors will work.

My main interest is to more easily assure the tire pressure is good before driving each day. The alarm function is nice but I expect I’ll feel a blowout as fast as a TPMS might alert.

I’ve been driving 55 years at least 15,000 miles per year and have ever had only one blowout. Likely because I keep good tires and monitor tire pressure. It happened a few years ago on my 3/4 ton pickup going about 65. I was pulling only an ATV trailer at the time. It was easy to control to a safe stop. It was caused by a chisel on the road which the tire shop found in the tire. The only tire damage was where the chisel ripped a three inch tear in the sidewall. The low pressure alarm in the truck went off but I was already headed to the shoulder.

So I’m going to get one of less expensive ($100-200) systems that has a high rating on Amazon and a low percent of low ratings. Suggestions appreciated.

I have two concerns on what to get. The first is that the outer rear tires have the valve on the inside with no extension. I am concerned about getting the valve caps on those two tires. Any experience on that appreciated.

My second concern is getting the signal to the readout. There is a lot of metal between the send caps and the readout device. Experiences on that appreciated. Should I get a couple of the angled metal valve extensions?

Thanks in advance for inputs.
Old 12-01-2019, 01:39 PM   #71

Quote:
A TPMS for my new Georgetown 30x3. It has 19.5 inch wheels and 82 psi tire pressure. So any TPMS with 6 sensors will work.

My main interest is to more easily assure the tire pressure is good before driving each day. The alarm function is nice but I expect I’ll feel a blowout as fast as a TPMS might alert.

I’ve been driving 55 years at least 15,000 miles per year and have ever had only one blowout. Likely because I keep good tires and monitor tire pressure. It happened a few years ago on my 3/4 ton pickup going about 65. I was pulling only an ATV trailer at the time. It was easy to control to a safe stop. It was caused by a chisel on the road which the tire shop found in the tire. The only tire damage was where the chisel ripped a three inch tear in the sidewall. The low pressure alarm in the truck went off but I was already headed to the shoulder.

So I’m going to get one of less expensive ($100-200) systems that has a high rating on Amazon and a low percent of low ratings. Suggestions appreciated.

I have two concerns on what to get. The first is that the outer rear tires have the valve on the inside with no extension. I am concerned about getting the valve caps on those two tires. Any experience on that appreciated.

My second concern is getting the signal to the readout. There is a lot of metal between the send caps and the readout device. Experiences on that appreciated. Should I get a couple of the angled metal valve extensions?

Thanks in advance for inputs.
Perhaps the TPMS won't give you much warning in the case of a major leak caused by a large object puncture but it sure will if you just pick up a nail or similar sized puncture that causes the tire to leak far slower.

Many "Blowouts" are caused by slow leaks that reduce the tire pressure below what's needed to keep the tire from overheating and then failing catastrophically. Drivers as a rule do not notice slow loss or tire pressure and all too often just think it's changing road conditions or surrounding traffic. That's where the pressure alarm pays for itself many times over.

Remember too, even if you are the most diligent "pressure checker and tire inspector", you can pick up a nail, screw, etc in the first turn of the tire when you begin your day's travel.

Old 12-01-2019, 03:00 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
Perhaps the TPMS won't give you much warning in the case of a major leak caused by a large object puncture but it sure will if you just pick up a nail or similar sized puncture that causes the tire to leak far slower.

Many "Blowouts" are caused by slow leaks that reduce the tire pressure below what's needed to keep the tire from overheating and then failing catastrophically. Drivers as a rule do not notice slow loss or tire pressure and all too often just think it's changing road conditions or surrounding traffic. That's where the pressure alarm pays for itself many times over.

Remember too, even if you are the most diligent "pressure checker and tire inspector", you can pick up a nail, screw, etc in the first turn of the tire when you begin your day's travel.
Yes, another good reason to get TPMS.
Old 12-12-2019, 05:53 AM   #73

My experience with TST has been nothing but exceptional ... buy what you want ... TST for me
Frank & Cindy--- (SOB) 5th Wheel ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed--- Payload 4394------Remi & Sage camping pups---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500---2019 48 days ---2020 28 days Camping
frank4711 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tpms