Old 10-10-2016, 03:31 PM   #11

TPMS

After getting our FR 2608ws in 2013 we went to a frog rally in Tucson AZ there we met Iggy and I have learned a great deal from his experience and one item was get a tpms. We got one that he recmmend which was a TST 507 well it can monitor up to 23 tires. The point is that over the last three and half years tpms has saved us twice in over 30,000 miles of traveling. As for notifying of a blow out well this tpms has a slow leak and a fast leak(blow out) alarm which will help to reduce damage as you will stop rig much faster after alarm goes off. Would not travel without it.and another item get a truck tire repair kit. And if you have a air compressor you can repair any flat along road . never leave home without them. Just saying.

Old 10-10-2016, 03:33 PM   #12

My TST TPMS prevented a potentially dangerous situation. On a very busy interstate in Texas my system alerted me that I was slowly loosing tire pressure. I was able to safely exit into a shopping mall and replace the tire. It was a screw. By the way I have about 25k, 2 long trips) on the original tires from China (Constancy??) Can't fault them but will replace them with D Rated before I tackle the ALCAN next summer. The TST folks are the best at customer support. Can't recommend them highly enough.

Old 10-10-2016, 04:01 PM   #13

What brand TPMS do you have, you may have sold me on them? I like the small sensors!
Old 10-10-2016, 04:04 PM   #14

[QUOTE=hdmtnrider;1337490]XPRESSER' First of all I'm very glad your tire issue turned out so well in your favor. But, I don't understand how you say "very, very few trailers (bumper pulls and 5th wheels) use TPMS.s. As I was reading the forum I think they are very popular amoung TT and 5'rs owners. You are very correct in that they are one of the best things to have.
HAPPY RVING![/QUOTE

2X. Besides it gives me something to play with while DW is driving.
Old 10-10-2016, 04:05 PM   #15

TST --Tire System Technology. Don't get the flow through sensor. Sticks out to far off the tire stem.
Old 10-10-2016, 04:07 PM   #16

Actually its DW job to monitor the pressure and heat temps
Old 10-10-2016, 04:25 PM   #17

Love them very cheap security.
windowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 04:42 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karter View Post
What brand TPMS do you have, you may have sold me on them? I like the small sensors!

I have the EEZTIRE 8 Sensor system. My truck doesn't have a built in TPMS thus the 8 sensors. Great customer service and if you don't want to bother programming the unit yourself, just pay an extra $10 for their "TPMS Programming Service" and they will program all the sensors, label them and send you a diagram showing which tire receives which sensor. You just have to supply them with your tire info. The sensors come in an anti-theft outer housing but I took the sensor out of those and it produces the smaller sensor profile. A good video by David Bott about this system here: https://youtu.be/BGho49k9hDE

I hear good things about the TST system that robbdrell has as well.
2014 Denali 5th Wheel
Ordering a 2017 Cedar Creek Hathaway 34RL2
To My Wife: "Home is wherever I'm with you"
RJ Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 05:00 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by windowman View Post
Love them very cheap security.
Yes peace of mind...so nice to know your tires are ok and wheels, hubs, and bearings are as well
Old 10-10-2016, 05:17 PM   #20

Congratulations, and continued safe travels.

Tags
pressure, tire