Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2015, 08:06 PM   #41
Cyber Phrenologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier View Post
After some consideration I opted to keep my TT and be payment free for longer. Besides my TT still works for me, even with size & storage envy.
Keep it until it rots to the frame.

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 08:48 PM   #42
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
Keep it until it rots to the frame.

x2
That was my original plan and now I'm back to it again. Also going to stay away from RV shows too.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 09:01 PM   #43
Cyber Phrenologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier View Post
x2
That was my original plan and now I'm back to it again. Also going to stay away from RV shows too.
After having not been to an RV show in years I went to one.

The only thing the new rigs have I really like are LED lighting and black exterior trim that doesn't show mold. Otherwise I like my 8 year old trailer just fine. In 2 years it's paid off and I am debt free.

I'm gonna drag that paid for trailer around "until it rots to the frame"

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 08:23 PM   #44

Send a message via ICQ to Cover Dog
Quote:

That's what we all thought, we're ready to move into a Georgetown 377XL Black Diamond.

NRA Endowment Life Member, FMCA #455593, WIT #170814 & Mid-Ohio Winnies
Cover Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 09:04 PM   #45

It's all about realistic expectations. We bought a good 3 year old DP, were on the road for 41 states, 300 days, and 27000 miles. We sold it after 2 years. The total expense of ownership, operation, and site rentals was about the same as if we had stayed in decent motels for those 300 days. Having the comfort and convenience of living in our own home on wheels was well worth it.

Disclaimer: The actual value of my "Two Cents" of advice varies just like a bitcoin.
Bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 09:20 PM   #46

1st week in March this year we bought a 2016 Cherokee Grey Wolf 27RR toy hauler and paid 19000.00 OTD for it and a w.d. anti-sway hitch. July 3rd this year we traded it for a 2016 Puma Unleashed 351THSS toy hauler. The asking price of the Puma was 37000.00. I spent the month of June trying to see if I could find the EXACT same Puma any cheaper and the next best price I could find on it was a dealer in N.C. that had the identical unit and they would not come below 38.995.00. So I went back to KandK campers in Millbrook AL and said OK, your price is decent, but I have a trade. They offered me 18,000.00 for the Cherokee Grey Wolf 27RR and gave me a written bill of sale for a total trade difference incl tax and 500.00 worth of accessories we needed for 36000.00. I thought we won the lottery and to this day I am still VERY happy with the deal and K and K was AWESOME to deal with compared to the place we bought the 1st toy hauler. K and K did not laugh at us for wanting to trade so quickly and were very respectful of our time and desires and made it happen in just a few hours with no pressure from them. Will I get that lucky again? Most likely not.

Long story short, if you deal with these mega wholesale outfits and get discouraged, call the folks at K and K campers in Millbrook AL. They are a family owned and operated outfit and are great to deal with! (I have NO affiliation with them other than I am a very satisfied customer of theirs)!
gilwilliams101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 11:23 AM   #47
Retired

Just a thought...if you want the book value for your TT then sell it on the open market and use the $$ on your new TT. There are people looking for a clean used TT. That's how we bought our 2015 Windjammer...great deal, clean as a whistle, extra accessories & updates, warranty work completed.
Only down side is you do not receive the remainder of the warranty.

Think Spring

Happy Trails
Old 11-09-2015, 04:49 PM   #48
Site Team

Quote:
After having not been to an RV show in years I went to one.

The only thing the new rigs have I really like are LED lighting and black exterior trim that doesn't show mold. Otherwise I like my 8 year old trailer just fine. In 2 years it's paid off and I am debt free.

My trailer does not have any slides and is also 6 inches narrower. With a new rig I would welcome open a bit of space, storage and a couch.

Old 11-27-2015, 03:58 AM   #49
Site Team

I just returned from a quick get-away in my 2011 trailer and only thought about the other larger trailer for a quick second before forgetting all about it. A slide out & couch would be nice but my beloved 2011 TT just feels like home.

I started thinking about how I could add a little touch of personality & pop of color. In late February I will have Perma Plate (spray on protection) touch up and also have the black trim pieces painted to make it look like new again.

I did noticed that one of the window decals edge was starting to curl a little bit but I'm just going to have it trimmed. If it gets bad enough then I will have the decal removed from the window but not replaced. My original kitchen window used to have a decal but the decals were not available when the window was replaced a couple years ago. Except for the first time looking at it I don't even miss the swirl decal. Not even sure I would had noticed if it wasn't brought to my attention.

I know I made the right choice to keep my 2011 travel trailer.

Old 11-30-2015, 09:46 PM   #50

I bought one in September, and traded up in October. That was a $3500 hit for only a month of having it.

2016 Wildwood 30QBSS
2012 Ram 3500 Longhorn 6.7 CTD 4x4
giarc25 is offline   Reply With Quote