Old 12-29-2008, 07:09 AM   #11
AKA Bluebird
Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
I had a problem with traffic when we were headed the Deep Creak Lake in Western Md, Once I merged on to the interstate I had to get to my far left lane to pick up my next rout because it exited to the left. No one would let me over, and yes blinker was on, well the only thing I could think of is to start a sway pattern with both TV and TT in my lane, swaying from left to right and kept on doing it well be fore I knew it I had every lane availble to me. It is amazing how well it works. The traffic stayed way back until ower rig was under contol, then I got some funny looks as they pass me and so I just
Great idea for lane changes. I can tell you from personal experience the it also works wonders for tailgaters. Yes, Atlanta is one of the worse places I have ever driven through and, when inevitable, I adjust my schedule to avoid any proximity to rush hour. That's when they really get crazy. 75 - 80 mph in the middle of all those lanes and with my trailer in tow is not my idea of a good time.

PS The wiggle-waggle also works well for allowing you a fairly good view of what is behind you.

PPS In most states failing to yield the right of way after receiving a turn signal is a serious traffic offense.

Happy Camping! ///// Richard D.
2006 4x4 Ford 250 SD / 2007 Flagstaff 827 FLS
One very patient wife and one furry child who travels with us. Forty-two years of trailering and camping, and I still have a blast.

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 06:01 AM   #12
There is one thing I just thought about with sway, Hopefully when you start to sway because of traffic, the Trooper three cars behind you in an unmarked car has a good since of humor, just be prepared for that issue.

rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote