Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2015, 01:57 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
Shameful? Yes,.... but that is our (mans) carnal nature. We laugh at others, when we each know that in reality, we are laughing at our selves.... 'We' 'point' at many 'things' and say..... 'see' 'that'.... Ha Ha.... knowing very well that 'we' also were or will be in that same position some time down the road. It is called living and learning and hope not to 'do that again'. Been there and done that.... more than once.
True story!
geotex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 02:03 PM   #22

I feel for that person. that would so be me! I'll be installing a securing method to my bumper caps before our next outing.
bakwoodj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 02:26 PM   #23
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVBikers View Post
second question, how can you not see that in the mirror. LOL... I check the mirrors constantly.
I do also. I was taught to check them by my high school driver education teacher. He would place a folder over the rear view mirror from time to time and ask his students what was behind the car while driving.

Worked for me.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 03:55 PM   #24

Mine caps continue to work themselves out and at every stop I push them back in. Just this weekend I picked up a pair of Camco No Insect RV Bumper Caps. They are so tight, I will likely have to use pliers to pull them out... The main reason for getting them was last year I stuck my finger in the hole to remove them and disturbed a wasp nest.....

2014 RAM 2500 Laramie Longhorn 4 x 4
6.4 Hemi 410 HP, 410 Rear Axle
gashog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 04:22 PM   #25
Mod free 5er

Drilled a 9/32" dia hole in the top and bottom and drop a 1/4" x 5" ss carriage bolt in them. Carriage bolt head gives you something to grab to remove. Has worked for me for years.
Old 02-23-2015, 04:22 PM   #26
Old Timer

I have never been able to keep conventional bumper caps in place. Bikes or no bikes. For a number of years now I have been using something like the "WirthCo 30000 Black RV Locking Bumper Plug" which is available on Amazon or probably at Wally's place. I thought I got them at CW, but they aren't showing them now. Simple to use -- no screws -- just push in the center and they hold firm. Haven't lost one yet.

kentnjudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 04:38 PM   #27

I agree with others those caps come out by themselves without any bike racks I I never used to have that happen on my older trailers but the 2013 trailer we have now does it all the time not sure if it's the caps or the gauge of the metal bumper. I need to put some pins or something into it yet as others here have done to prevent loosing them and my hose.
Canadiancrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 05:09 PM   #28
(Dry Huunday)

Hmm...mine are pretty snug, in fact they can be a POA to get back on....though I've only taken them off twice since I don't store anything in the bumper. Lucky I guess!

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer