Old 05-07-2015, 12:00 AM   #11
Just made the leap from the tent to a Trailer also. No more pitching tents or taking them down in the pouring rain. Not to mention sleeping on a real mattress. Our maiden voyage will be this weekend to a local state park. No hookups, but at least we'll be out there. Good luck and have fun!

2014 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
2015 Microlite 25 DHS
Gaberdeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 01:39 AM   #12
Hey Maris. 90% of my camping was remote so rving is out of the question. Tulibee Falls campground is beautiful, not full service but they have electricity. And actually, Birds Hill provincial park has some heavily treed sites, full service and only 1/2 hr from Winnipeg.

larryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 05:25 AM   #13
One option is to remove the tv from your rig. That will keep you focused on the outdoors and the serenity that comes with that.
mbCik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 01:30 PM   #14
We went from a 14x14 tent to a 35' TT. With nieces and nephews camping with us, it makes it much easier. I still cook outside and spend 90% of my time outside.

Having your own Bathroom and shower make it so much better. All the state parks I go to are really clean, its just more convenient

2003 Dodge Ram QC 2500 4x4
2005 Nissan Altima
2011 Forest River Lacrosse 301RLS
jmcrae3891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 09:11 PM   #15
Loumichelle735, since you mentioned PA State Parks have you ever been to Locust Lake? We heard great things about it and seen some beautiful pics. We're have a reservation for June 12th. Cant wait........

Dutchmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 09:07 AM   #16

Sorry I'm just seeing this now. Guess we cover edit on your other post? Enjoy Locust Lake. I've looked at it but never been there. Our next state park outing is to Kettle Creek. We have a sore right along the creek. Can't wait! Safe travels.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Columbia Pa
2014 Rockwood 2318g
2010 Ford Escape
loumichelle735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 03:40 PM   #17
Originally Posted by loumichelle735 View Post
We also made the leap from tenting to rving but only went to a popup. So far love it. Have a roof over our head and we're up off the ground so that's enough for now. We do most of our camping in PA and Maryland state parks and find them to be very quiet with sites a good distance apart. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

We live in NY and got our first TT last year. Which parks do you go to in NJ and PA?

2014 Wildwood x-lite 185br
towed by 2013 Ram 1500
laurarice26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 08:12 PM   #18
I am usually not bothered by any other campers. Frequently there is only one or two RV's within several miles of me.

There is a reason these things are called self contained.

I grew up tent camping and backpacking. I bought my first RV at age 50. According to my mother I started tent camping at age 6 months. I really don't recall my first trip.

Dad always looked for a flat spot near a creek. We got our water from the creek.

By the time I was 10 my mother developed a fondness for campgrounds that had water spigots scattered around every few hundred feet. She also liked having a store where she could buy us kids an ice cream or a Popsicle one in a while.

We will be taking a trip in the MH for about 5 weeks in mid July to go from Yosemite to Nashville. We will be staying in RV parks along the way, usually for a single night.

Since 2005 this will be the third time I have had any hookups.

The number of people camping near you is inversely proportional to the number of amenities available.

I still like backpacking the best, but DW has had both knees replaced and can no longer walk very far. The MH is for her.

Wayne in Coarsegold near Yosemite
2013 Forest River Solera 24R
2014 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
ATV trailer for the following toys
2008 Yamaha WR250R,2009 Honda CRF150F
2008 Polaris Scrambler 500
PopBeavers is offline   Reply With Quote