Old 11-24-2015, 10:38 AM   #11
(Dry Huunday)
Originally Posted by asquared View Post
X2. Food in outside can will attract squirrels, raccoons and larger game in some areas. We use can under sink and follow park policy for trash disposal

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 11:26 AM   #12
Originally Posted by WayneLee View Post
Sorry if this comment is off topic but I must give Forest River a huge kudo for solving of one of my "age old problems", trash in RV's. I've been trying find an easy solution to this problem for almost 40 years!

On our new Sunseeker, there is a cutout on the top of the kitchen counter behind the sink. Open the cutout door, and voila, a trash container buried inside the RV! And, not just some small, skimpy trash container, but a full size, 13 gallon container. Just open the cutout and drop your trash into the container.

To empty the trash, from the OUTSIDE of the coach, you open a bin door and there is the trash container right in front of you, in its own storage bay. Remove the container, take the bag out, put a new bag in, replace the bin in the compartment, and you are finished.

Now, to solve my next problem....getting the trash bag to the campground's trash containers without spilling my beer!

Kudos to Forest River engineers and designers on this one!!
We have the same thing in our Forester, nice idea, it's also handy for storing counter top stuff enroute.

2015 Forester 2801QS GTS
TOAD-Hobie Mirage Pro Angler 14 kayak and Yamaha Zuma 50cc scooter on custom trailer.

60 days fishing/camping so far
Tombsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 11:28 AM   #13
our seasonal has no garbage refuse point at all.
when we travel back home or to town for work we take the small amount we have saved up with us.

some people still seem to think its ok to store some at the back of their lots but last summer a black bear and several skunks fixed that
2009 Heartland Sundance 31.5 XLT bunkhouse
2013 Ford F150 XTR ECOBOOST

"Of the troops - For the troops "
MilCop4523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 11:28 AM   #14
Lol....trash talkin" today, eh?
We use a compact stainless steel step trash can, placed in the kitchen area on the floor below the pantry in a space left vacant when the kitchen slide is out. Looks nice, convenient, out of the way. It has an inner liner bucket which can be easily rinsed out. We place it in the shower when in transit. Didn't want to use "real estate" under the sink--prefer to use that space for coffee maker, nesting pots & pans, dish pan & soaps, etc. With our 2 big dogs, this type of container works really well: our food hounds can't raid the trash can! The small size is an advantage as it prompts us to empty it daily, so less chance of problems with flies and ants (and odors)
Traverse (Yellow Lab)
Mackinac (Shepherd/Greyhound mix)
2013 Roo 23SS, Toyota Tundra Crew Cab
days camped: 2013-38, 2014-44, 2015-50
Gene and Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 11:30 AM   #15
The countertop cutout for garbage is so simple but is the best innovative ideas I've seen in a long time!
2016 Forester GTS 2801QSF
sgtlm17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 11:38 AM   #16
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
How do you manage your trash while you are camping?

We have a trash can under our kitchen sink and we keep a collapsible 30 gallon trash can with large bag under our curbside slide out. When the kitchen trash gets full, we put it in the outside trash can. All trash from outside and meals goes into the outside trash can. We only take the outside trash bag to the dumpster when it is full or if it is foul smelling.

How do you do it?

In our Sunseeker 2500TS there is a trash slot in the kitchen counter. It was originally designed to take a large container. However, I put a shelf in the space and cut the container in half. It fills in about 2-3 days when camping. When near full we take it to the designated trash bin.
papakilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 11:39 AM   #17
Yes, a great idea.
2013 Surveyor SP220
2010 Silverado LT 5.3 V8

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 11:54 AM   #18
We have a waste basket inside (kitchen and bathroom) and when full, we dump them into a collapsible garbage can outside the trailer. I put the collapsible can in the box of the truck each night ( I have a cap) and if the collapsible is foul smelling, I'll take it to the dumpster rather than put it in the truck.

AND....burn what ever you can.
Dave, Southern,ON

2009 GMC K1500 4x4 Crew Cab
2012 Roo 23SS
E2 Trunnion WDH (1,000 lb / 10,000 lb)
Dave Lyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 12:05 PM   #19
Please, please, please do not collect your trash outside for all the reasons given before. Dump the trash that collects in the RV into a dumpster right away. Thank you!

2013 Surveyor SVF 293
2013 Ford SD F250 4x4 SC; 6.2 EFI V8
Reese 18K Elite w/slider - Ada, Michigan
Lloydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 12:31 PM   #20
We collect our trash in a tall kitchen bag under the sink. When it's full, we take it outside and dump it on our fellow campers site when they're gone or not looking, preferably at night. You'd be surprised how much money we've saved on bags and needless trips to the dumpster. This last year we've only used two bags all season. Besides, I've always heard that garbage is good for the soil.

just kidding - we do use the dumpster when the bag is full.

bobm253 is offline   Reply With Quote