Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2019, 01:20 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Sifter View Post
Dotos, We don't know what you're tow vehicle and trailer set up is or where in CO you are. My thought is that if you have towed around the front range without trouble and can survive the ID winds, (kidding just gotta share the concern) you will be fine in OR. With a good WDH and sway control, if your set up needs them, adjust your speed as needed, use your experience on grades, pay attention to your mirrors, and enjoy the view. It'll be a beautiful trip that time of year.
Thanks for your support and fortunately we do have an "equalizer" WDH system.
Dotsos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 01:21 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakie-Boy View Post
We have stayed at Portland Fairview RV Park several times, just east of the city of Portland and very near I-84 exits. Easy access to the city and to local farmers markets, and other attractions.

I-84 is an easy drive along the Columbia River and features lots of interesting sights to visit. Last summer we did a guided tour of the Bonneville Dam and the fantastic measures they have taken to allow the native salmon to travel up- and down-stream.

Also, while in the area, try to visit the Maritime Museum in Astoria, climb the Astoria Column, and see, the "Goondocks", the home featured in the movie "The Goonies".

Then down the coast, stop to take a tour of the Tillamook Cheese Factory.
Great sightseeing tips, thanks
Dotsos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 05:06 PM   #23
Do It Yourselfer

Visiting Oregon

Been to Portland several times, since my son lives there. Never had a problem with wind on I-84. There are many sites to see along that route the Falls was mentioned but see the Fish Ladder and Hatchery at Bonneville Dam, Vista House, The Dam at 'The Dalles". Many more. If you like Air and Space go to McMinneville, southwest of Portland, and visit the Evergreen Aviation and Space Museum. The Spruce Goose is there.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
It's Easy to take 'Liberty' for granted, When you have never had it taken from You!
wuffwuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 08:29 PM   #24

Agree with "wufwuff". We visited Portland last summer after a two-month long trip to see nearly all the National Parks west of Denver. Parked the RV at Portland Fairview RV, and set out on several day trips to visit friends and sight-see. The tour of Bonneville Dam facilities that allow the fish migrations up and down the Columbia River are fantastic. The volume of water cascading across the dam made a sound like thunder. Multnomah Falls is a must see. On that same day trip we also went all the way to Mount Hood, which is spectacular. The city of Portland is one of the best restaurant destinations in the country, with something for all tastes. For me, especially, lots of micro-Breweries!! Local farmers' markets are everywhere, and some of the best we have ever visited.
Jakieboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel