Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2015, 06:13 PM   #21

It is very accessible as long as you don't follow the GPS and follow the directions I gave. There are plenty of 40 foot 5vers thee all the time.
Central Ohio
thetanu539 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 07:54 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Cool thanks. We've been talking about going there. Can anyone ride the horses? Is there an extra charge? Do you just take them out on trail rides, ride around a ring, or have guided rides? I used to have horses, so this aspect really interests me.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 07:57 PM   #23

They are guided rides that you book ahead of time, usually the day before is plenty of time. There is a very minimal charge for it for members. I can't remember what it was but I am thinking like $10 per person. I think it is a 3 mile trail ride, pretty nice ride I thought.
Central Ohio
thetanu539 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 07:41 AM   #24

We're in Gettysburg right now for bike week. We're going to Pyatuming for a week in August.
RVBikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 12:31 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetanu539 View Post
They are guided rides that you book ahead of time, usually the day before is plenty of time. There is a very minimal charge for it for members. I can't remember what it was but I am thinking like $10 per person. I think it is a 3 mile trail ride, pretty nice ride I thought.
Thanks for the helpful info.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 12:51 PM   #26

Our home camp is Gettysburg. I avoid the park on major holidays - too much traffic for me! I will say it's clean, the people are friendly and they try to make sure all rules are followed. Best 30 amp site is site 1. For 50 amp I like it over near K. They are in the process of finishing off a dog park. It just needed gates last time I was there(a few months ago). Will admit I like Sycamore Lodge better. Only because, when I've been there, it's been more adults than kids. We're in our sixties and like the slower pace. Haven't been to Ohio yet, will get there eventually.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
dj3spots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 12:54 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetanu539 View Post

You talking about the guided horse rides thru the park? If so, great ride! The horses are good and the wranglers on the ride are great.

Old 07-11-2015, 12:58 PM   #28

[QUOTE=asquared;919415]Cool thanks. We've been talking about going there. Can anyone ride the horses? Is there an extra charge? Do you just take them out on trail rides, ride around a ring, or have guided rides? I used to have horses, so this aspect really interests me.[

There are guided rides from the stables or bring your own horse and ride out. There are paths mark for riding so the battlefields don't get destroyed. There's a fee for guided rides with their horses; or, if you have your own horse you can hire a guide if you like. There's a web site for more info.

Old 07-13-2015, 12:27 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by loumichelle735 View Post
Coast to Coast have a no pets policy?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
There is no policy excluding pets with C2C. Sometimes a resort may restrict pet size, under 60 lbs, but have only seen this at one. I would not have C2C if they had a no pets policy. Enjoy
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 01:02 AM   #30

We are members of TRA since 2010 with our home resort being Sycamore. We also have Coast to Coast and enjoy that as well. At first I was a little skeptical about the entire membership thing but for us it as worked well, however, the buy in cost is not cheap and one in contractually obligated to the pay the yearly maintenance fees, but we knew that up front. It is much the same as joining a country club.
Sycamore has various activities for kids which my grandkids enjoy.

We spent 10 days over Memorial Day, on the Outer banks and with our C2C membership. The normal fee for non members is $100.00 per night. We called direct and payed the additional 3 nights as we could only book 7 nights at Camp Hatteras Resort. We saved $700.00 which more than payed the membership fees this year.
We use our membership often and when I retire we plan to see Ohio, Gettysburg and New York, spending 3 weeks in each and just enjoying the areas. We have been to Gettysburg and apple harvest time is the best. Apple festivals in the surrounding towns are really great. While there we took advantage of the wine tour. We were picked up at the CG, spending the afternoon riding, looking, tasting and snacking. The bus driver was also a battlefield tour guide which made the afternoon excursion even more interesting.

We have used our C2C in the North Georgia mountains and found visiting local wineries is a good way to fill an afternoon.

We also use the Statepark system in South Carolina as we have a couple of favorite gems.
We are sad that there is not a C2C in Charleston, SC. We go often and have a favorite Good Sams that we enjoy. GrandKids live there.

You get told a lot on the sales. Like security concerns, campground fees on the rise, over crowding, etc, which I have found to be just sales talk.

This type of camping is not for everyone but for us, it is working well.
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel