Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2009, 01:34 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

We towed 3,200 miles from MN to Rockies and back this summer. I never exceeded 65 mph. Can't tell you how many diesel/5th wheelers blew by me at a good 75 mph in 85+ temps. I kept expecting to see them in the median with a disintegrated trailer. Amazing how some people will push their luck. There is no way their tires were rated for those speeds unless they were using LT tires.

BTW, this is a general observation and not targeted at the OP.
acadianbob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:46 PM   #22

Glad you and your family are OK. Those pics are an eye opener as I have an '06 4x2 Titan CC LE and am looking for a TT that I'm reasonably sure the truck will be able to handle. Since my Titan doesn't have the Big Tow Package, I'm limited to 7200lbs max trailer weight and 12,800lbs GCWR. That's one reason I'm considering a Rockwood or Flagstaff. Good luck with the 5er.
2009 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604S

What she lacks in speed and comfort is
more than made up for in noise and vibration!
C130Av8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 02:58 AM   #23

Slow Down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What did you think was going to happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:41 PM   #24

First of all, I'm glad everyone walked away from that. I just discover this site, and I'm very happy I did. We just came back from Disney's campground a couple of days ago, and the wind was terrible. Add to that some really crazy truck drivers and the 2 1/2 hours coming back felt more like 4 hours. At one point a big semi drove by us so fast and so close that it pulled me toward him so qiuck I didn't have time to react and came very close to hitting him. All I can say is thank you Equal-I-zer hitch and thank you Silverado 2500HD. With big TT like our Cherokee 30F, you need the proper equipment to pull them, and I have to thank sites like this one for that.
rafcar is offline   Reply With Quote