Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2010, 08:27 PM   #1

Trip # 4

Leaving tomorrow for a long deserved vacation. Going uo to our cabin on Camano Island for 2 nights, then on to Hood Canal (Belfair) for 6 nights. This is our 4th trip in the 378, so far we have had no issues. Looks like a nice week to camp, temps are supposed to be in the low 80's. Let you know how it went when we return to Spokaloo.
Mandy
Partner
johnnyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 10:53 PM   #2

Have a great trip John. We were over to Clifdell (Just west of Yakima on Hwy410) last week, came home Thursday to go back to work and will be back over there again on Monday. Looking forward to some warmer weather and some Jeepn' this next week. If you haven't been in that area there are lots of great places to dry camp off of the FS19 (Little Naches River rd.) and the scenery is awesome.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 08:06 AM   #3
Jan Goldfield

Johnnyjoe, have you ever taken the ferry from Anacortes to San Juan Island? What are the fares these days? Going to SJI will probably be our first major trip from New Orleans and I fear for the huge WA State Ferry fares.
pondlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 09:31 AM   #4

Sji

I have not taken that ferry since 1998 so I am not sure of the fee's today, but it is worth it. I always had a good time up there. Nice resturants and bars, whale watching and biking. Good time with beatiful setting, hopefully you will get some decent weather.
Mandy
Partner
Old 07-03-2010, 09:37 AM   #5

Little Naches

Use to camp up there years ago, very nice. I have been out of camping for 8 years while the company moved me around. I love the RV lifestyle and so does Jen, we plan to camp as much as possible until we retire in 4 years. After that we are considering full or half time RVing. Maybe we will see you up there sometime.
Mandy
Partner
Old 07-03-2010, 09:45 AM   #6
Jan Goldfield

We love Friday Harbor and the San Juans. We have never camped there, but visit often, usually incorporating the visit with a month or so in Olympic National Park. That's another great place to spend time.
pondlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 10:22 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyjoe View Post
Use to camp up there years ago, very nice. I have been out of camping for 8 years while the company moved me around. I love the RV lifestyle and so does Jen, we plan to camp as much as possible until we retire in 4 years. After that we are considering full or half time RVing. Maybe we will see you up there sometime.
Hey maybe sooner than later, we get over to the east side quite often, have friends in Davenport that also bass fish so we get over there to Lk Roosevelt at Keller Ferry to the campground there for fishing, or Long Lake. Also like Potholes and Scooteney Reservoir. Love the Republic area too. I will be retiring in 5.5 years and we will be relocating to the other side for a little more sun. Tired of all the rain here.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 12:34 PM   #8

Hood Canal, Wow I envy you. I really miss the PNW. My cousin lives on the canal, what a great view. We are in the early stages of planning a trip to Portland and if time allows maybe into Washington to visit kin. Question is....will my trusty TV make the trip. She's getting a little tired. Wish you the best of weather.
1957 Dodge D100, 315 Poly
Liberty Hill, TX
52Dodgeman is offline   Reply With Quote