Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2016, 03:33 PM   #1

Tropical Storm Hermine

We have paid for three nights camping over the Labor Day weekend, beginning Friday night. Tropical Storm Hermine is slated to start moving through the area Thursday (tomorrow) morning. I am hoping that it moves on through before we leave to go to the RV resort. We can handle rain, but wind is another issue. We also frequently loose power because we live in the country. If we do, we can use the generator and stay in the TT. Weather is always beautiful after these storms move through, so I have great hopes that Saturday will be lower humidity and (hopefully) lower temps. Stay safe out there if you are in the path of the storm!

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 05:22 PM   #2

You didn't say where the campground is, but if you look at the 5pm Wednesday storm track here, the storm will be in GA Friday at 1pm. My guess is that it will be clear by the time you are setting up.

USN Retired (26 years), but not Retired retired
Home Port Orlando
Narboza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 04:46 AM   #3

If your three nights of camping are in Missouri or Montana you should be good to go. However, if you are pitching the awning poles on the south eastern coast, well.....!

He who dies with the most tools, wins!
SilhouettePenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 06:31 AM   #4

Well, we had a small tornado go through the property yesterday afternoon,which put a large tree down on our power lines. Electric company got it back up and running because we were one of the early ones out. But, power went out at 1:43 am and will probably not be back for days. Bands of heavy rain and wind keep moving through. Our generator started last night when we tried it (after sitting in the garage for years), but it won't start now. We have two refrigerators and our daughter has one that we want to consolidate, but we need to get it going. If we have to keep the generator going, we won't be able to go camping. Don't even know if the campground has power because they are in the country too, about fourteen miles from us. Stay safe if you are in the path!

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 07:30 AM   #5

S GA is kind of a mess right now and it will be that way for a day or two. NC and SC coasts are on path for effects on Saturday. The path looks like Sunday/Monday will be better.

http://www.intellicast.com/Storm/Hur...m=4&type=track
Good SAM # 807510227
FROG # GA-0056-236
FMCA # F471293
Jlreeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 08:08 AM   #6

From Albany, GA.: We were spared last night from what was predicted, Thankfully. Today may be different. The prediction is for heavy thunder storms most of the day. Outside right now is sort of weird, dark clouds, a gentle breeze, and an eery feeling that something is about to bust wide open. We had reservations for this weekend at Jellystone Park in Madison, FL. and decided to cancel out due to this storm. This park's cancellation policy is for two (2) weeks notice of cancellation. I called and talked to a nice young man who did inform me of that policy but I informed him that I had just read, and printed out, a notice from the National Weather Service stating that Madison County was under a "Hurricane Watch" and that individuals living in mobile homes and RV's should evacuate immediately. So, even IF I went down to the park I would have to evacuate. He informed me that they had no knowledge of this notice and the weather there was a bit cloudy with no rain. He stated that he would have to stick with the parks rules on cancellation but due to the storm the park would allow me to use my three (3) nights rental at another weekend of my choice. They are supposed to send me an e-mail on this, maybe today. I feel that this was a reasonably offer. I saw on the news this morning where the area from Lake City, FL. to Tallahassee, FL. ,which this park is between these two cities, got hit hard last night.
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 08:21 AM   #7
Site Team

We were chased inland from a beach front condo at Ocean Isle Beach NC many years ago. They refunded our lost days but it wasn't a given as they told us at the time their rules stated they weren't responsible for weather related cancellations.

Hope you get your 3 days credit! Good that you didn't go either way!!
2016 Evergreen Everlite 242RBS
29' empty nest model. Blue Ox WD hitch
(1 queen bed, large main cabin and huge bathroom)
Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41, 2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63, 2018-75, 2019-32, 2020-41, 2021-49, 2022-43, 2023-66
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 08:46 AM   #8

Stay safe everyone. GA is still getting hit but it is no longer a hurricane which means the wind has died down. SE coastal NC has been getting rain and expect more ~~ 8" to 12". Localized flooding of some low areas that are used to it. Not expecting much more than that as going over land will calm it more. Flooding will be a bigger problem on the Outer Banks ~~ if a real hurricane ever hits there it will probably go away forever. Forecast of partly cloudy for tomorrow AM as we prepare the 5er for a trip.
Thankfully
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote