Old 08-06-2016, 02:54 PM   #11
The T/T involved here appears to have aluminum wheels.
I'm glad that
1. No one was hurt
2. I found my errant wheel in the woods on the other side of I-95
3. Tommies tire and diesel in Waltersboro had us back on the road in an hour and a half
4. Cost me less than $250

Epat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 03:17 PM   #12
Originally Posted by Epat View Post
Day one of our great adventure. On our way to Goshen with a couple stops on the way. We we driving up I-95 in South Carolina when I noticed something in my rear view mirror. Some poor schlock lost a wheel and it was chasing me down the road. Figured it was the guy behind me. Oh. There was no one behind me. I pulled off to the side of the road and saw that my travel trailer was missing a wheel. Good thing I have a dual axle trailer.

So I hiked back down the road looking for the wayward wheel but couldn't find it. So I crossed the road, and the median and crossed the southbound lane to see if it went that far.
Sure enough, I found it in the woods on the far side of the interstate. Sure glad it didn't run into anyone.

Hike a quarter mile bacteria to the truck with my wheel and with some difficulty, remounted it. Drove to the next exit and found a truck repair place that got us back on the road 2 hours later. When the wheel came off it ruined the threads on the studs. So they and the missing lug nuts had to be replaced.

I recently pulled the wheels from our 2014 Roo 25 RS to check the bearings and followed the manufactures instructions to torque the nuts to 60 ft lbs. that seemed low to me but what do I know? Well, I know better now.

Sure hope we got the bad luck out of the way so the rest of our adventure may proceed without incident.

Glad no one was hurt and the TT suffered no damage. On a side note if you don't find it too personal what did you pay for your Roo? I have the same year / model and was just curious. Also was it new or used to you? Thanks.

2011 Ram 2500 Mega Cab 5.7L
2014 Rockwood Roo 25RS
Nights camped 2014 - 27, 2015 - 28
Nights camped so far 2016 - 26
Admiral_Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 01:17 PM   #13
I set mine to 100 lbs.
Re-tighten after 50 miles.
Check them again periodically, before each trip, rest stops ...
2015 Rockwood 8289WS
2003 Dodge Cummins w/Banks 3:73
CraigBean7672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 01:22 PM   #14
Site Team
Check your sticker again. You may have misread a tire pressure sticker as lug nut torque. 60 seems low.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 65W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 02:11 PM   #15
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
As Kenny Rogers sang, "You picked a nice time to leave me, loosewheel"

Goody Two Shoes and the Filthy Beast
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
Duramax and Allison 6 speed
2012 Wildcat 282RKX

You can't make things idiot proof, you can only make them idiot resistant.
Filthy Beast is offline   Reply With Quote