Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2016, 03:49 PM   #21

I finished hand waxing our new TT this morning. Did the front, back, and door side yesterday and the drivers side this morning. I didn't mind too much since I'm a clean freak. We have a blue beacon 20 minutes up the road from us as a truck stop. If I ever need to give her a wash I know where to go. I didn't even know you could take an RV through there.

Thanks
kantonburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 04:33 PM   #22

I will wash my Creek soon but it sure is hot. I have waxed it and it takes a lot of one thing I don't like, WORK!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 06:15 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnlvr View Post
Anyone know of a Rv wash in Los Angeles County or vicinity near the coast?
Many Many years ago there used to be a BIG truck wash down town LA,,, it was just south of the central city,,, not sure I would even want to go there now a days ???
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 06:23 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
Does anyone on here use or have used a truck wash to wash your camper? I am just a little lazy, well the truth is a lot lazy, I'm to lazy to wash the camper. I'm at River Plantation in Sevierville, TN and they have a RV wash here and I have been on the road now for five weeks and camper is dirty, it's dirty and I'm lazy. I'm thinking of let them wash camper, it's only a hundred bucks. Work is a dirty word to me. What do you think?

Sorry to hear you are to lazy to wash your RV,,, sounds like you know your self very well,,, LOL !!! Could ya find a couple of young boys to do it for $50 or so ??? I am old & broken but it would be a cold day you know where before I would go on a trip with out first washing our MH !!!
But that is just me !!!
Old 07-17-2016, 07:10 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
Sorry to hear you are to lazy to wash your RV,,, sounds like you know your self very well,,, LOL !!! Could ya find a couple of young boys to do it for $50 or so ??? I am old & broken but it would be a cold day you know where before I would go on a trip with out first washing our MH !!!
But that is just me !!!

Not me, I'll take camper dirty or not. I have found out one thing the people that see my camper dirty probably won't ever see camper again. I'm just pure LAZY but lazy people find a better way to do things. I'll get out sometime next week and wash my camper but it will probably take a day or two, I like a cold one and it depends on how many I have as to how fast the camper gets washed

Old 07-17-2016, 07:39 AM   #26

Quote:
Not me, I'll take camper dirty or not. I have found out one thing the people that see my camper dirty probably won't ever see camper again. I'm just pure LAZY but lazy people find a better way to do things. I'll get out sometime next week and wash my camper but it will probably take a day or two, I like a cold one and it depends on how many I have as to how fast the camper gets washed

LOL !!!
Maybe it's those cold ones that are making you lazy ???
I do not wash our MH - Car or Truck because of what I think other people might think of me,,, same with our home & lawn,,, I try to keep things clean and maintained because I like things that way !!!
Different Storks for Different Folks !!!

Old 07-17-2016, 08:28 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
LOL !!!
Maybe it's those cold ones that are making you lazy ???
I do not wash our MH - Car or Truck because of what I think other people might think of me,,, same with our home & lawn,,, I try to keep things clean and maintained because I like things that way !!!
Different Storks for Different Folks !!!

Lord don't even talk about grass, if DW dies first I'm going to stop at Home Depot on my way home from the burial and buy a 55 gallon drum of Roundup and spray it straight from the drum and kill all that grass

Old 07-17-2016, 08:39 AM   #28

I would not use any car or truck wash, or anything else, that uses more pressure than a normal garden hose on a TT or any RV. You're playing with fire. Forget the decals thats the least of the concern. You'll blow water past things like vinyl snap trim at corners and those screws underneath it are usually sealed poorly. When they put roof membrane on they let it hang over the side, then they attach the awning or gutter rail over it by screwing it through the membrane. Then its trimmed off underneath the rail. They do not caulk the underneath just in case water did get in from above it can drain out without laying behind the rail. Wait and see what happens when the high pressure water blows into that area from below.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 10:18 AM   #29

Our friends use truck washes whenever they travel. No problems and great results, but can be pricey. We usually use car washes with a truck bay. At home I always use a pressure washer as it is easier to dispense soap and wax products. As someone else above said, it causes no problems as long as you use the correct distance. Just as you do with a hose and a spray nozzle. Have to be smarter than what you are playing with
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 05:55 AM   #30

Quote:
Lord don't even talk about grass, if DW dies first I'm going to stop at Home Depot on my way home from the burial and buy a 55 gallon drum of Roundup and spray it straight from the drum and kill all that grass

Your a sad man spock !!! LOL !!!
I mow about an acre & a half,,, and before the drought hit I was mowing every 3 or 4 days !!! Very thick grass,,, and no weeds !!!
Guess we better get back to washing RVs,, which I need to do tomorrow !!
LOL !!!
Old 07-18-2016, 06:01 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
I would not use any car or truck wash, or anything else, that uses more pressure than a normal garden hose on a TT or any RV. You're playing with fire. Forget the decals thats the least of the concern. You'll blow water past things like vinyl snap trim at corners and those screws underneath it are usually sealed poorly. When they put roof membrane on they let it hang over the side, then they attach the awning or gutter rail over it by screwing it through the membrane. Then its trimmed off underneath the rail. They do not caulk the underneath just in case water did get in from above it can drain out without laying behind the rail. Wait and see what happens when the high pressure water blows into that area from below.
Right On Mr. Havercamp !!!

I do some times use my little power washer,,, with a very fine spray,,,
and @ a safe distant !!! I have a garden sprayer that is almost 4 ft long that works real well !!!
Old 07-20-2016, 06:49 AM   #32

cleaning

I am one of those OCD people who wants my rig to look its best all the time. Each time we return the RV and the trailer is washed and dried...yet at 61 years of age I seem to be able to do it...I pay in pain later....but no way I am going to let someone with a dirty brush or power washer screw up my exterior finish...I love the exterior of my rig and with 4 coats of clear love the shine...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3325.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	396.6 KB
ID:	114721  
Blacknchromehd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 04:45 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacknchromehd View Post
I am one of those OCD people who wants my rig to look its best all the time. Each time we return the RV and the trailer is washed and dried...yet at 61 years of age I seem to be able to do it...I pay in pain later....but no way I am going to let someone with a dirty brush or power washer screw up my exterior finish...I love the exterior of my rig and with 4 coats of clear love the shine...
I hear ya !!!
Trouble is some times the pain last for a couple of days !!!
Old 07-22-2016, 10:07 PM   #34

we call them Streakin Beacon in the industry

I would not consider taking an RV to a Blue Beacon. They use a combination of extremely strong acid and alkali chemicals and high (4500 psi) pressures to remove dirt because their personnel are not allowed to use brushes or leave the floor.
I have been in the trucking business for 40 years and have seen countless paint jobs ruined by improperly trained blue beacon personnel.
They are used largely by fleets who trade their trucks frequently and don't care about the long term damage.
Use a truck wash that hand brushes, tell them soap only, no brightners and watch them closely. Better yet, hire the high school kid next door.
beyerjf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
truck