Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2016, 07:11 AM   #21
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I've stopped at regular gas stations out of necessity with my 5er and it always took me 3x longer. 1) usually only a couple pumps are diesel. 2) they also have gas at those pumps and have to wait on cars to move (and even when they do, someone always pulls in like they didn't see the 22' truck pulling a 42' 5er) 3) when you're done getting fuel, you have to wait on someone who randomly parks in front of you in a no parking area because it's close to the door and they have to go in to got to the bathroom, get their 128oz of Mountain Dew slush, a couple of the whatever meat tubes are on the heat rollers, and 3 scratch offs (of which they play inside and God forbid if they win a couple bucks). I've had to go in before and ask for someone to move their car. I'll take the truck stop if (or when) I'm ever back to diesel.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 07:37 AM   #22
"On the road again"

We use the GasBuddy app as well and stop wherever we need to stop for the best deal...truck stop or not. We've never had any issues, glares, sneers, etc. when stopping at a truck stop. The truckers always have been extremely courteous - perhaps because we try to be courteous to them on the road and off.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
Georgetown XL 378TS
Jeep Gladiator Willys Tow Vehicle
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 07:55 AM   #23

With all the 'no gas on the commercial side' I begin to doubt my memory. I'm pretty sure I've gotten gas on the truck side on I-80 towing a pop up. It wasn't on purpose. The trucker behind me seemed amused more than anything else.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:12 AM   #24

I can usually use my cc at the pumps at Pilot truck stops. As someone said, they do cost a bit more, but it is convenient and easy. Plus, I can pump DEF and not have to mess with 2 1/2 gallon jugs. One time, the trucker in front of me was incredibly slow. I don't know what the heck he was doing. The trucker in the next lane gave me the "I don't know" shoulder shrug when he saw me looking to see what the guy was doing. About the time that I had had enough and was starting to walk forward to ask him what he was doing, he cranked up and pulled forward. Most stops, the truckers treat us like one of their own. No problems. We also pull into a parking spot in the back of the lot, walk our dog, fix a couple of sandwiches and eat lunch.

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
truck