Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2013, 12:53 PM   #1
Site Team

Trying to find adjustable stabilizer pin

I didn't want to hijack another thread about the Valterra stabilizer, so I am starting a new one. I liked the stabilizer but on the second time I used it, I either tightened it too much or the adjustable pins were weak. I sheared one off and the other one is bent bad.

Does anyone know where I might can find these pins. They are the pins that allow the two pieces of the extendable legs to lock at different heights. You just push the pin in from the outside leg and then adjust the leg up or down, until the pin clicks into the next hole. Like in the pic below:

I took a pic of my sheared off pin. Below is two pics of it. One is how the pin works when inside the inner square leg tube. I did a crude drawing with blue to show how the pin works inside the leg and extends out the hole.(sans the sheared off part).

I would appreciate any help in locating these clips/pins. I have tried most of the hardware stores (Lowes, Home Depot, local stores) with no luck so far.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pin 001 (Medium).jpg
Views:	113
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	31238   Click image for larger version

Name:	pin 001a (Medium).jpg
Views:	127
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	31239  

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:07 PM   #2
Mod free 5er

Might try some 1" heavy banding material and pop rivets? Drill the hardened banding material with masonry bits which are cheap and plentiful.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:40 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Might try some 1" heavy banding material and pop rivets? Drill the hardened banding material with masonry bits which are cheap and plentiful.
Never crossed my mind to drill anything, but after reading your post, I could just drill holes all the way thru the adjusting legs with a drill press....then run a clevis pin or similar thru them, when I have them at the adjusted height. It would be much stronger than the current setup.

Thanks for the idea.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote