Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2016, 01:16 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by frfv View Post
The plant we were in was all done by hand. No robots or computers running anything. The workers looked like ants running back and forth but they were getting it done. I was watching my watch as we went through the plant and every time I saw the line move I looked at my watch. Most of the time it was at 13 minutes.
Cool but when I say done by hand the only thing about a line is a rail that they push along by hand during the second half of the plant, moving the units along as they sit on some sort of dolly that is on rails. Each move is still workers pushing it by hand. For the dozen or so stations it is like backing in to a parking spot at Home Depot then moving from back in parking spot to parking spot, and finally after walls are up and roof is on they move it back through the roof station in to the final line where it starts riding on the dolly from station to station. Barely warrants being called an assembly line. But anyway smaller slower plant obviously.
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 05:17 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by frfv View Post
Update. I spoke with my dealer today. Looks like the order was placed Feb 29th. They said they have spoken with the factory reps and the dealer should expect deliver april 29 to May 4. We should get deliver a few days after that. Hope this helps. We were told 6 to 8 weeks. It will be right at 8 weeks.
Thanks for the number to the factory. I'll give them a call tomorrow. I ordered my TT at the Chicago RV show February 21st and I have called the dealer a few times but they tell me they dont know anything. I get that I am not the only one to order a new camper but I cant believe nobody can give me a delivery date. The dealer originally said by the second week of April - into my 10th week now so hopefully soon.
by_the_fire_camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 06:29 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom48 View Post
Cool but when I say done by hand the only thing about a line is a rail that they push along by hand during the second half of the plant, moving the units along as they sit on some sort of dolly that is on rails. Each move is still workers pushing it by hand. For the dozen or so stations it is like backing in to a parking spot at Home Depot then moving from back in parking spot to parking spot, and finally after walls are up and roof is on they move it back through the roof station in to the final line where it starts riding on the dolly from station to station. Barely warrants being called an assembly line. But anyway smaller slower plant obviously.
Yep this entire plant had a line like that. Pushed from side to side to each station. Was kind of impressed how easy they seemed to move.
frfv is offline   Reply With Quote