Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2013, 09:17 AM   #1

TT Stolen!

Just a heads up if anyone is around the Carlsbad New Mexico area and happens to see a 2011 Zinger could you please inform me! My friends was stolen from location after I repaired the hub for him! I highly doubt we will find it but never hurts to put the word out! Thanks to all!
turnerpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:55 AM   #2

Wow that stinks! Sorry to hear that!
Old 09-24-2013, 06:25 AM   #3
NELA

Is this the same one the owner posted about over on rv.net? If so, I created a thread about it here.

It seems he had a sturdy tongue lock and it was cut off.

Last seen near Stone Mountain, GA. ?

If not, could there be a "new" worry for us all, thugs who've found a new way to turn a buck illegally by stealing something and selling it.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:00 AM   #4

Not being racist, but it is probably down in Old Mexico by now. That is where most stuff from this part of the country ends up after it is stolen.
bradnailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:23 AM   #5
Grandmashome

Word has it (double check) that papers on an rv not required for Mexico. Had heard this from individual who lived in his rv there. Hence rvs stolen.
grandmashome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:32 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerpa View Post
Just a heads up if anyone is around the Carlsbad New Mexico area and happens to see a 2011 Zinger could you please inform me! My friends was stolen from location after I repaired the hub for him! I highly doubt we will find it but never hurts to put the word out! Thanks to all!
Really sorry to hear this and hope all turns out well. Getting it back would be great, but if not, then I hope for his sake that he was insured.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 10:03 AM   #7

Can you send a description of the TT.
NCL6694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:56 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCL6694 View Post
Can you send a description of the TT.
It was a 26ft zinger 2010 with the jumbo slide. It was the grey exterior with the zinger decals. It had the spare tire on the back bumper, two thirty pound propane tanks on the tounge and over the wheel wells it had the plastic fenders that said secure stance. It had aluminum wheels. The interior was the dark stone look vinyl flooring throughout. The slide out had the couch and the table and was tan carpet flooring. It had the bunks in the back and the master bed up front. Dark colored cabinets and black fridge. The bathroom is by the back bunks on the left side if your looking from the front to the back.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:57 PM   #9

[QUOTE="turnerpa;470627"]

It was a 26ft zinger 2011 with the jumbo slide. It was the grey exterior with the zinger decals. It had the spare tire on the back bumper, two thirty pound propane tanks on the tounge and over the wheel wells it had the plastic fenders that said secure stance. It had aluminum wheels. The interior was the dark stone look vinyl flooring throughout. The slide out had the couch and the table and was tan carpet flooring. It had the bunks in the back and the master bed up front. Dark colored cabinets and black fridge. The bathroom is by the back bunks on the left side if your looking from the front to the back. Lippert axles with the hub drum as one piece
Old 09-24-2013, 07:42 PM   #10
NELA

RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Ga, Sc, Stolen TT have you seen it?

This is the one I referenced, obviously not the same one. New trend? (frightening)

Ours is right in the back yard, behind a privacy fence, but fences, like locks, only keep honest people out.

I'm paranoid about ours after our salesman told us about a customer who'd only had his new TT 3 days when some thugs broke out the windows and took every thing not red hot or welded down.

I do a walk-around of ours *every* morning before leaving for work. We have a tongue lock and have security cameras on the back yard.

(chuckle) maybe we should leave that electric jack as it is...a thief wouldn't know the secret of getting it to work.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:54 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Ga, Sc, Stolen TT have you seen it?

This is the one I referenced, obviously not the same one. New trend? (frightening)

Ours is right in the back yard, behind a privacy fence, but fences, like locks, only keep honest people out.

I'm paranoid about ours after our salesman told us about a customer who'd only had his new TT 3 days when some thugs broke out the windows and took every thing not red hot or welded down.

I do a walk-around of ours *every* morning before leaving for work. We have a tongue lock and have security cameras on the back yard.

(chuckle) maybe we should leave that electric jack as it is...a thief wouldn't know the secret of getting it to work.
Thank you for the interest! Yeah that isn't the one and I'm sure it is Mexico by now. (That is meant as purely non-racist as possible!) it sucks that people have to be this way just makes for three thefts from me in three different locations and states this month alone! First my wife's jewelry was stolen from the house in Iowa, then this camper from New Mexico and finally my storage shed was broken into and cleaned out in Sunday! Lots of money down the drain for nothing this month!! Thanks again for all the interest in this!!