Old 10-21-2012, 06:25 PM   #1
TT Storage Cover - Best Way To Install?

We bought an Adco TT storage cover for our Tracer 2670 BHS. Right now, it is in the bubble wrap, in a large ball. Since my wife and I will be putting the cover on, does anyone have any "how to" recommendations? The Tracer does not have a roof ladder and I do have some mobility issues and would prefer to not climb onto the roof if possible. Is there a safe way to do this?

Thanks in advance for any info...

2014 F150, Supercrew, 3.5L Eco-Boost, 3.73, Max Tow
2012 Prime Time Tracer 2670 BHS
TravelTracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:43 PM   #2
Installing a cover without a ladder...

I am in the same situation. No ladder, need to install cover. Although I don't have any issues about climbing a ladder, I would rather not incur the expense of installing one, and I don't want to lug a long step ladder back and forth every time we pull it out of storage (at a lot a few miles away). The best plan I can think of so far is to devise two long extendable poles (swimming pool skimmer/brush poles come to mind) and two people (one on each side of the trailer starting at the back) lift the cover up over the back and drag it forward by keeping the poles (and therefore the front of the camper cover) above any obstacles on the roof. Just walk forward together while pulling the cover to the front over the top. Make sense? I haven't received the cover yet, so I don't know if it is feasible due to the weight. Let me know if you came up with a "ladder free" solution. Thanks

Arizona Grey Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:47 PM   #3
IMHO there is no way to avoid having one person on the roof and another on the ground. There are just too many things to get snagged up on, on the roof. Vent stack, air conditioner, radio antenna, etc - just to name a few.

VTX Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:54 PM   #4
Keep your fingers crossed; as I'm heading up on the roof this weekend (without a ladder on the 5er) to install our Adco cover. As it will be in the 60's it will probably be easier putting it on, than taking it off at the end of January (brrrrrr).

So, I too am interested in solutions.
Ralph & Adrienne

2016 Flagstaff 8528CKWSA
2012 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0L

RalphieAdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:00 PM   #5
Thanks for the input VTX Al. That being the case, do you have any recommendations for ladders that will not damage the side of the trailer when placed against it?
Old 11-29-2012, 07:26 PM   #6
Ok, found a post about ladders at this thread...Who needs a roof ladder?
Thanks again, guess Im headed to the hardware store.