Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2019, 11:38 PM   #1

TT towing in snow and salt

how bad is it to tow if its snowing and they salt the roads, should I postpone for beater weather, its a brand new camper.

2019 Gray Wolf 20RDSE
gunther1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 11:43 PM   #2

I'd wait for better weather.

Salt is not going to be good to your brand new rig, and slipping and sliding on ice/wet roads isn't going to be a good experience for you or your rig.
Old 04-17-2019, 10:12 AM   #3

Its not good but we got our trailer salted good this winter. This was a bad winter trying to miss weather trying to get south. We ended up on icy salted roads through Michigan and Ohio with multiple transport crash delays in Dayton.

Our trailer got salted good and the paint is thin on the Lippert frames. Tried to clean as best as I could but our final destination in Arizona had salt in their well water so hard to get it all off. I am a do it yourself person so I will get the oil spray out and oil spray any areas showing rust. I kinda regret but we bought the trailer to use and letting it sit in storage till nice weather is not as fun as using it.
Canadiancrew is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
snow, towing