Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2016, 01:26 PM   #1

TV and sound system

I Purchase a new tv for our Flagstaff TT and have not been able to get the sound to go through the factory installed sound system (iRV Technologies). It worked fine on the original tv and I've hooked it up the same way but it's not working.

Any thoughts? Thanks
Ltynman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 01:43 PM   #2

My original TV was a Toshiba and was connected to the iRV66 through the RCA audio out pin jacks. With that, the SRC button was set to TV Audio and worked. Finding TVs anymore with the RCA audio out jacks is a rarity.
The dealer replaced the TV (because there was an annoying buzz in the surround sound which I had to prove to the dealer was caused by a defective Toshiba TV) with a Furrion, which does have the RCA audio outputs needed to connect with the iRV66.
Prior to the TV exchange, I had connected the two units with an OIS (optical) cable and the SRC(iRV66) button then, had to be set at the DCC/??? position to work with that hookup between the components.
Alas, the Furrion TV does not have a OIS output, but, it does work with the original RCA cables and SRC set to TV Audio!
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 01:55 PM   #3

Thanks Jeff. I purchased a Sharp TV and tried using the headphone output jack on the TV and connected the Red and White RCA cables on the other end to the iRV. it works but the sound is too low. Not sure if there is another solution. Otherwise, it's back to the small Furrion TV
Old 04-06-2016, 03:25 PM   #4

Just curious, where did you connect the rca plugs? Would I need to remove the radio t get to them because they are nowhere on the face of the radio.
ondago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 03:48 PM   #5

Assuming you have a basic 32" or similar Sharp did you set your audio out per the manual as shown below. The headphone out is a multi style analog audio out and you would need to insure it is set to the proper output....it is different if you are running it into a set of headphones verses an amplified output etc.
Try plugging in to the headphone jack with the TV ON.

Selecting the audio out mode
If your TV is on when you connect a device to the /AUDIO
OUT jack on the side of your TV, a screen opens where you
select which audio out mode you want to use.
1 Connect headphones, an amplifier, a home theater system,
or a sound bar to the /AUDIO OUT jack on the side of
your TV.
2 Press W or X to highlight the audio out mode you want to
use, then press ENTER. You can select:
• Headphones/Audio Out—Select this option to use the
remote control that came with your TV to control the
audio from the headphones, home theater system, sound
bar, or external speaker system you connected to the
/AUDIO OUT jack.
• Audio Out Fixed—Select this option to use the remote
control that came with the home theater system, sound
bar, or external speaker system you connected to the
/AUDIO OUT jack to control the audio.
shughey00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 08:02 PM   #6

Got it all figured out. You're right, finding a tv with an audio output in difficult. The Sharp TV I purchased has it. I needed a cord with an headphone jack on one end and a white and a red RCA jacks on the other end. The headphone jack goes to the TV and the other end to the sound system. Working perfectly! Thanks for all your help! Your guys are amazing!
Old 04-07-2016, 08:51 AM   #7

Shughey00.
Your response was spot on! Thank you for sharing your detailed instructions. I had the headphone setting on the tv audio and needed the speaker setting. You made my day! Thank you!! ��