Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2011, 10:06 AM   #1

TV bracket install

I have a 2012 forest river flagstaff 831wtbs. It has a rear bedroom with a kick up stand for a tv. I was told by the dealer I could put a radius mount on the outside wall and mount my 20" flatscreen w/ DVD. The kick up stand when up is in the way.
Was curious if anyone has done this? I was going to use a stud finder and of course would have to be careful of the length of the screw as not to go thru the camper.
Please let me know your thoughts.
Thanks!
tkemnitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:53 AM   #2

Where the kickup stand is should be reinforced behind the wall (mine was). I removed the kick up stand and used a locking wall mount. I did not use an articulating bracket as I did not want to add any leverage. Works fine, can walk around it and it travels well because the TV is locked on the bracket.

One other thing I did was we had a similar table that would clip onto the side of the TT next to the BBQ that came with the TT. I took the kickup shelf from the bedroom, removed the hardware from it, took the metal strip used to hang the outside shelf and placed it on the bottom of the on from the bedroom. I went back to where I bought the mount and bought another. I placed the wall part of the mount on the face of the bedroom stand. Now I can use the bedroom TV inside or outside very easily and quickly. Works great!
kbrown1075 is offline   Reply With Quote