Old 05-16-2008, 10:45 PM   #1

Tv help

as you may know i picked up my new Flagstaff 831krss yesterday and have been loading it up and getting everything organized back in it.
Tonight i hooked up the cable and the picture is not very good. I played a DVD and the picture quality was excellent so i'm assuming it's not a tv problem. While it scanned all the cable channels and i am able to tune them in , it has the reception of what over the air channels would look like. Somewhat snowy,lines moving thru the picture, etc. and some channels are worse then others. The Tv is made by Venture.
The small tv in the back room is made by Legend and while it does have some "snow" in it,it's not as bad as the main TV. Of course being hooked up to a cable it shouldnt have any snow since it's the same cable running in my house that i get perfect reception on.
Can anyone help me out on this and give me some suggestions??
Thanks.

Old 05-16-2008, 11:06 PM   #2

Sounds like a lose connection somewere imo.

Mine was snow when we got it and never found the problem until I went behind the wall plate (behind the tv in the living area "main tv") for a distribution add on.

The sat and ant lines were not even tight on ours. tightened them up and all has been flawless since.

hope this helps, Mike

Old 05-17-2008, 01:13 AM   #3

Ok, so this is what i found. I checked all the connections and while they were loose it didnt solve the problem so i took the cable off of the wall plate and plugged it in directly to the Tv and perfect picture. So the cable connection going thru the wall plate behind the tv is bad. I did a little by-pass surgery on it and just drilled a little hole right above the plate and plugged it in directly into the tv and it's working fine now. At least for now i'll have clear tv and when i go back to the dealer for the next thing that is wrong they can just install a new wall plate.
Thanks for the help Mike.
Old 05-17-2008, 06:16 PM   #4

Your welcome and glad I got you in the right area 1st try.

Mike
Old 05-23-2008, 05:11 PM   #5

When we took delivery of our 06 back when it was new the only thing we never checked during the walk through was the tv antenna and after it was delivered and set up at our perminant site I hooked up the tv and You guessed it it didn't work Well a teck from the dealer came out the following week and checked it out and found a wire loose up by the antenna works great now
Old 07-16-2009, 07:00 PM   #6

similar problem with tv connection

Our 2003 Wildwood has a tv problem also--but i need a really simplified answer if you can help me..on cable we get all but the lower five channels pretty clearly--if we hook cable up to the SATELLITE connection inside and outside,(using our home cable system) we get a really beautiful picture on all channels but then we get no signal in the bedroom--I take it the bedroom is wired only to the LR cable connection? Could my cable coax connector be loose behind the plate in the LR causing only a FEW channels to not be clear? I hate to open a can of worms and figure if worse comes to worse, I can use a splitter outside and run a separate line with a flat wire connector thru the BR window to that tv...is there anything wrong with making use of the satellite connection instead of cable? Also, I notice that my coax connector to the tv gets pretty warm (at the tv end) and don't know if this is a problem or is it on all tv's in enclosed areas? (This problem has only become noticeable since we bought a larger tv--must be more sensitive to these issues than the smaller screens..? And we get great reception running direct from the house cable to the set..so it's a problem interior-ally.) Thanks for any help...Janalee
Old 07-20-2009, 04:23 PM   #7

Angry It's the splitter......

Mine did exactly the same thing.
When I hooked the cable directly into the tv my picture was good.
When I hooked it up to the trailers input...garbage.

I removed the TV and them removed the panel behind it to get th the wiring.
(yours may be different)
I had access to both the amplifier circuit and the input from the trailer so I replaced it all....and it was still snowy.

Then I went to Radio Shack and bought a new splitter and that solved the problem. The stock splitter is a cheap piece of junk. I don't know why they couldn't spend 8$-10$ more when they built it. I would have paid for it!

Hope this helps.

Bill
Air Lift 5000
Prodigy Brake Controller

"I've got a mind like a steele.. a......a steele......um.....uh...... what's that thing called again?
fivecodys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 12:26 AM   #8

Make sure the "Bat Wing" amplifier is turned off. In my rig, the amplifier switch is the first button on the TV selector box.