Old 06-09-2016, 10:51 PM   #61

We've camped about 30 nights per year for the past 23 years and use state parks and private CGs. We are sick of small, overpriced sites (except in our favorite CG) and are going to buy about 50 acres in our favorite state and set up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 06-10-2016, 11:19 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade837 View Post
We went seasonal this year. We are about 30 mins from our campground, which is only 4 miles from an amazing beach in Rhode Island. But last year we were "bookends", committing long term to the spring and fall, while camping elsewhere in the middle of summer. Prior to that we camped occasionally, different places and styles. We probably spent less than $1,000 park hoping, between $1,500 and $2,000 doing the bookends and $3,800/ season for our camper by the sea. We enjoyed it all. But the reality is that the camper we have now is big, I'm getting older and I don't want to be away as much. So one place all year (by a beach) is good with me.

We are seasonal this year too. We didn't go with that campground but I have to give a shout out to Rhode Island beaches!!! Are you finding it really hot? We ruled out based on trees mostly.

Old 06-10-2016, 11:36 PM   #63

At this time we are limited and can not go far, so we go to private parks $30-$70. The $70 being the beach during the summer months. 30-60 nights a year(maybe not this year).

Sadly our near by Virginia State Parks are overpriced dumps with small sites (a 20 foot trailer is too big) and were last updated in the 1950s. If you have horses new sites and plenty of camping room/ horse trailer room, but terribly unlevel. Up until this year a Virginia Park Campsite was much more expensive than a private park, and small sites with just water & electric, because of add on costs. Was costing us $40 a night so many stopped going. They got the message.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 12:14 AM   #64

We are Campers first and foremost. 85% of time Provincial Parks in the woods with Bears and Raccoons.

We stay at RV parks when travelling to Rallies and attend Rallies for fun with friends.
Old 06-11-2016, 08:04 AM   #65

State & National Parks for us !!!
More like camping,,, for less than $30 most times !!!
Love the State Parks in Northern Michigan !!!
Old 06-11-2016, 11:36 AM   #66
OldGuysRule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lm2b View Post
We are seasonal this year too. We didn't go with that campground but I have to give a shout out to Rhode Island beaches!!! Are you finding it really hot? We ruled out based on trees mostly.
Not to warm yet. Hit the breechways for fishing last night. Heading to the salt ponds for clamming today. We love it here.
Old 06-11-2016, 12:41 PM   #67

We hit the state parks around here so long as they have water, sewer, and at least 30 amps. I insist on amenities. Same way when we go to Florida.

I like having my tv, I like taking a shower when I want.

I always try to get a spot on the water so I can stare at it while I'm outside sitting under the awning having a cold one.
KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 12:13 PM   #68

We stay mostly in Forest Service campgrounds and state parks. Oregon State Parks are fantastic, and we have no problem reserving FHU sites, and we never feel crowded. We have two nights reserved at a KOA near Yellowstone this summer. I haven't stayed in one since I was a kid. We booked it primarily for the pool and mini golf, since we will have two 16 year old boys along on that trip.
Old 06-14-2016, 07:20 AM   #69

We spent a couple of days in Levi Jackson State Park in London KY last week,,, we had a very nice large campsite,,, maybe a little to close to the rec room and all the lights that were on all night,,, other thing was,,, I have never seen so much traffic in a campgrounds before,,, @ times it was like camping next to a city street,,, and I saw the same cars & trucks go by over & over !!! A girl working in the office told me the kids in London had nothing to do so they would come use the campgrounds ???

We also stayed one night @ an RV park in Walton KY,,, there was a street light about ever 3rd campsite,,, it was like trying to sleeping in the middle of the day !!!
Old 06-14-2016, 07:37 AM   #70
Prime Member

For the most part, we use our camper as a cost effective means of visiting other places. If there's someplace we want to go, we look for RV campgrounds in the area. We don't really go RVing just for the sake of going.

2016 Coachmen Freedom Express Liberty Edition 310BHDS
2013 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LTZ 6.6L V8 Duramax
Husky weight distribution hitch with sway control
timfromma is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping