Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2011, 10:20 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
sherdep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Saint Cloud FL
Posts: 1,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalik282 View Post
Matt,
I hope Bob knows how lucky he is to have someone to help him out!

If I ever make a trip to FL, Beers are on me!

John
Hey John,
Thanks - if ya do come to florida and camp somewhere let me know in advanced before you come so if I am able to camp in the same place I can make reservations

I can say this - RV'ers are way diffrent then boaters by far - especially I have noticed alot of people are willing to help others which makes all the world of diffrence in traveling in places that are unfamiliar or just needing assistance.

My parents have been RV'ing for a very long time (since I was a kid) and still RV but since they are retired and camp mainly during the week it is hard for me to take off and camp with them
__________________

__________________
2011 Rockwood Mini Lite 2306 - Matt
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Qaud Cab 4x4 with 35" tires and 3.92 gears, Dynatech Longtube Headers & Fabtech 6" lift + Superchips with shift Tuning
Nights Camped 2011 (37) - 2012 (16)-2013 (2) -2014 (5) -2015(0)
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:50 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
kalik282's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Medina, Ohio
Posts: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherdep View Post
Hey John,
Thanks - if ya do come to florida and camp somewhere let me know in advanced before you come so if I am able to camp in the same place I can make reservations

I can say this - RV'ers are way diffrent then boaters by far - especially I have noticed alot of people are willing to help others which makes all the world of diffrence in traveling in places that are unfamiliar or just needing assistance.

My parents have been RV'ing for a very long time (since I was a kid) and still RV but since they are retired and camp mainly during the week it is hard for me to take off and camp with them
From my experiences, RV'ers are some of the nicest people anywhere. No matter when, No matter where, No matter why...someone needs help, an RV'er is there. No "Thank You" needed.

Glad to be an "RV'er".

John

PS. FL is in our future...might be a few years, but it is...
__________________

__________________
John & Nicole
2004 Ford Excursion 6.0L 4x4
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Nights Camped: '06=122 '07=12 '08=18 '09=10 '10=18 '11=28 '12=16
kalik282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:02 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Smokyroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 330
Wooo hooo...Tonya put the keys in a duffle...all set up and kicking back at an Olive Garden...lol....long day and we live in the sticks...kids wanted Olive Garden which is over an hour from home..lol so we went here....
__________________
Bob, Tonya and the kids
11 Rockwood Roo 233S
08 Grady White Seafarer 228
08 Tundra 5.7 liter 4x4 crew cab TRD limited
08 Toyota limited 4 Runner Iforce V8 full time 4WD, tow package
Smokyroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:06 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
kalik282's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Medina, Ohio
Posts: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokyroo View Post
Wooo hooo...Tonya put the keys in a duffle...all set up and kicking back at an Olive Garden...lol....long day and we live in the sticks...kids wanted Olive Garden which is over an hour from home..lol so we went here....
Glad to hear things worked out OK!
__________________
John & Nicole
2004 Ford Excursion 6.0L 4x4
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Nights Camped: '06=122 '07=12 '08=18 '09=10 '10=18 '11=28 '12=16
kalik282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:08 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus
 
Triguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Southeast Wisconsin
Posts: 6,950
I love it when stuff like this works out in the end.

Enjoy!
__________________
Scott
DW, 3 Kids and our Goldens

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:45 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
sherdep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Saint Cloud FL
Posts: 1,565
Cool, Glad to hear they were found and all is good now
__________________
2011 Rockwood Mini Lite 2306 - Matt
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Qaud Cab 4x4 with 35" tires and 3.92 gears, Dynatech Longtube Headers & Fabtech 6" lift + Superchips with shift Tuning
Nights Camped 2011 (37) - 2012 (16)-2013 (2) -2014 (5) -2015(0)
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:58 PM   #17
Moderators' Assistant
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 13,258
Bob, didn't the dealer give you two sets of keys? ours did and we always take both sets, one with me and the other with the DW, just in case something like this happens.
__________________
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:11 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
sherdep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Saint Cloud FL
Posts: 1,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Bob, didn't the dealer give you two sets of keys? ours did and we always take both sets, one with me and the other with the DW, just in case something like this happens.
He did get two sets of keys and took both sets with them as well - the issue is he never seperated them from delivery since they were all zip tied together and thats how they got lost
__________________

__________________
2011 Rockwood Mini Lite 2306 - Matt
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Qaud Cab 4x4 with 35" tires and 3.92 gears, Dynatech Longtube Headers & Fabtech 6" lift + Superchips with shift Tuning
Nights Camped 2011 (37) - 2012 (16)-2013 (2) -2014 (5) -2015(0)
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:35 PM.