Old 04-12-2016, 01:27 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy Beast View Post
I am surprised that the furnace actually ran with the exhaust blocked. The sail switch should have never made because there was no where from the exhaust to go.

Can you elaborate on that? So I can so that question tonight?

Old 04-12-2016, 01:29 PM   #12

Yes, the ones on the outside of the camper. The service manager had us record the entire outside of the camper last night. He said there is no furnace vent there at all. I looked at the videos of our camper online and I can see the one that's missing.

Old 04-12-2016, 02:05 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lm2b View Post
Yes, the ones on the outside of the camper. The service manager had us record the entire outside of the camper last night. He said there is no furnace vent there at all. I looked at the videos of our camper online and I can see the one that's missing.
That means all of the exhaust was in the furnace compartment and also worked into your living space. Bad news.I think the managers need to get out from behind their computers and smart phones and do some actual hands on quality control. Someone there has dropped the ball big time. I own my own service company and I am the one that checks jobs. My techs understand the word "quality".
If I were in upper management at FR, heads would be rolling down the hall. Also, managers should be able to perform all of the jobs their team do.
I wouldn't be taking this lightly, think of what would have happened if the same ding bat didn't install your CO detector correctly.
Old 04-12-2016, 07:59 PM   #14
CDR USN Ret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lm2b View Post
I find it interesting that the RV industry places great advertising emphasis on their units having the RVIA seal.
RVIA website "The Recreation Vehicle Industry Association (RVIA) is the national trade association representing recreation vehicle (RV) manufacturers and their component parts suppliers who together build more than 98 percent of all RVs produced in the U.S... a unifying force for safety and professionalism...maintains an inspection program to monitor compliance of the plumbing, heating, fire and life safety, and the electrical systems of the RVs manufactured by its members in conformance to the ANSI/NFPA 1192 standard ..."
Yet does not seem to provide via their website a contact for consumer reporting of this type of manufacturer (shoddy) workmanship and QA failures.
DSQR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 08:00 PM   #15

No vent installed and no one caught it. Idiots!
I'm with bob dirt, heads would be rolling.
Old 04-12-2016, 08:14 PM   #16

They came out tonight and installed one. Part of me didn't quite believe it. But that's exactly what it was. All I keep thinking about was thank God that detector worked and we didn't blow it off. When it first went off, service was closed so we called sales to tell them we were bringing it in. He tried telling me it was hairspray or my dogs. I sort of want heads to roll, but I'm not sure what I should do about it. Thoughts?
Old 04-12-2016, 08:16 PM   #17

I hope you or your dealer reported this defect to Forest River. There was a recall for this exact problem last year on certain models of the Palomino SolAire trailers.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 08:16 PM   #18

Wow, kinda speechless, how in the world did the guy that put the furnace in not notice that he did not connect the exhaust?
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 08:17 PM   #19

I feel like I want at least an extended warranty. We had the toilet and the sink leaking in the first two weeks. We only used it 3 times (windows open) before we shut it them and this happened. How many more things might be wrong? I hate that my vacation spot is making me nervous.
Old 04-13-2016, 04:45 AM   #20

Wow, glad you are still here to post.

I'm usually on the dealers side until otherwise proven to be a POS, and without letting Vibe off the hook in any way shape or form for letting it leave the factory without the vent, but who is the dealer who let that go by like that? Mistakes happen but this is unbelievable.

No wonder you received quick warranty service and a house call to boot. If the window would of been falling apart you would of had to do the warranty approval and parts ordering dance which would of taken weeks or months but I assume since it is life threatening, and beyond that wrongful death threatening and who knows what else from a legalities standpoint, they really stepped up to the plate on this one. Too bad all warranty issues are not handled that fast.

Funny that no one has blamed Suburban who supplied the furnace yet, because as you well know Forest River did not supply the furnace.

Tags
furnace, vent, vibe