Old 05-22-2016, 03:15 PM   #1
Exclamation Upgrading Dometic digital thermostat (New 3 wire model) to digital programmable model

I am trying to upgrade my dometic digital thermostat to a honeywell (or any) programmable thermostat since I live in my rv and keep forgetting the AC on when I'm at work.

The current model in the newer style single zone thermostat. All it uses to control both the furnace and the AC is 3 wires. 12+ red, 12v- black, and Comms orange. At least that is how they are labeles on the thermostat itself. I cannot figure out how to install the honeywell unit which has the GB G Y O W RC R style connections.

I was going to post this to an older thread but it was too old.
Dometic LCD Thermostat - Honeywell upgrade?

So now I am reaching out to see if anyone has solved this or has any other advice whether this even work or not. Or if anyone has found a programmable thermostat compatible with these connections.

Thank you for all your help.

Johnny5ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 03:44 PM   #2
Head Rambler
I haven't heard of anyone successfully changing one of those units with a programmable unit without also changing the control box in the A/C.

It's a bummer that Dometic saw fit to make this a lot more of a problem than it was previously.
Salem 29RKSS Pushing a 2500 Mega-Cab CTD!
Gotta go campin!
Bama Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote

dometic, thermostat, modifications