Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2014, 07:41 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
jlgail4309's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 431
Must have been more side load than the hitch could hold. Sure would have thought it a least stayed together. Got 70 pounds of metal holding 8000 pounds of trailer on the truck. wow make me think !!
__________________

__________________
-----------------------------------------------------------
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel
2013 Salem Cruise light 19bh
Hensley Cub hitch ,
jlgail4309 is offline  
Old 01-14-2014, 07:47 PM   #32
DDC
Senior Member
 
DDC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Komoka Ontario
Posts: 2,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaynerz View Post
Proof that the laws of physics cannot be rewritten nor defeated. Time to see just how good his insurance is.
It would be interesting to be able to follow up on whether the insurance comes through on this as there is probably a few outs for them on this but I have heard about GM hitches failing before.
__________________

__________________
"Well that didn't go as expected"
2015 Chev 2500HD Highcountry Duramax
Cedar Creek Silverback 33IK
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline  
Old 01-15-2014, 08:36 AM   #33
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDC View Post
It would be interesting to be able to follow up on whether the insurance comes through on this as there is probably a few outs for them on this but I have heard about GM hitches failing before.
So you think that if someone screws up insurance is off the hook? Considering that, oh, probably 99% of all accidents are caused by someone either breaking a law or being negligent, that would make insurance worthless. Of course insurance is going to pay, just like always. That's the WHOLE POINT of insurance- to cover someone's screw-up. What bank in their right mind would loan money on a truck, trailer, or whatever and then require full coverage insurance to protect their investment if the insurance could deny coverage in pretty much all cases??? Funny how no one questions whether insurance will pay if you run a red light, or were speeding, or fell asleep at the wheel, or anything else negligent(nor brings up any possible civil suits in such cases), but by golly load 1 pound over GVWR and insurance won't pay and you'll face imminent financial obliteration by civil suit. Not to mention the fact that we don't even know if he was in fact overloaded.
__________________
dustman_stx is online now  
Old 01-15-2014, 10:47 AM   #34
DDC
Senior Member
 
DDC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Komoka Ontario
Posts: 2,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustman_stx View Post
So you think that if someone screws up insurance is off the hook? Considering that, oh, probably 99% of all accidents are caused by someone either breaking a law or being negligent, that would make insurance worthless. Of course insurance is going to pay, just like always. That's the WHOLE POINT of insurance- to cover someone's screw-up. What bank in their right mind would loan money on a truck, trailer, or whatever and then require full coverage insurance to protect their investment if the insurance could deny coverage in pretty much all cases??? Funny how no one questions whether insurance will pay if you run a red light, or were speeding, or fell asleep at the wheel, or anything else negligent(nor brings up any possible civil suits in such cases), but by golly load 1 pound over GVWR and insurance won't pay and you'll face imminent financial obliteration by civil suit. Not to mention the fact that we don't even know if he was in fact overloaded.
The first thing an insurance adjuster looks for is a way out and they generally try it most of the time, it does not work but they keep trying sit and read that policy it's not full of legal jargon for your benefit, and that bank you mentioned will still get its money back if not from insurance then from the borrower, it's all covered in the paperwork we are all eager to sign at the time we want it.
__________________
"Well that didn't go as expected"
2015 Chev 2500HD Highcountry Duramax
Cedar Creek Silverback 33IK
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline  
Old 01-15-2014, 11:10 AM   #35
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by puff View Post
Danny beat me to it.

Have a look at the truck there is no 1500 or 2500 emblem on the truck. Yes, sticker says it can pull 7500lbs (or what ever) but can the truck handle the weight or the sideways pull of wind or passing other vehicles..? How many people in the truck..? Full of fuel..?

The problem was not the trailer or the hitch. It was the T.V..
Regardless of the pins missing, it's the trucks fault? Sounds logical. Damned truck should know better than to even start it's motor without the pins.
__________________
OldCoot is offline  
Old 01-15-2014, 11:30 AM   #36
MI Camperz
 
bodzcampers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 1,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by whj77372 View Post
I have the V-Cross 275 and it is a fiver and that is one good reason that we got the fiver and not regular trailer. Very sorry to see that.
Ya! When you get that big, I would think a fiver a must. 35'TT is a perfect candidate for a seasonal/permanent spot.
__________________
MI Camperz
bodzcampers is offline  
Old 01-15-2014, 11:37 AM   #37
Senior Member
 
Ford Idaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 9,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodzcampers View Post
Ya! When you get that big, I would think a fiver a must. 35'TT is a perfect candidate for a seasonal/permanent spot.
I agree, but you need to get it there in one piece first.
__________________
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline  
Old 01-15-2014, 11:38 AM   #38
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDC View Post
The first thing an insurance adjuster looks for is a way out and they generally try it most of the time, it does not work but they keep trying sit and read that policy it's not full of legal jargon for your benefit, and that bank you mentioned will still get its money back if not from insurance then from the borrower, it's all covered in the paperwork we are all eager to sign at the time we want it.
I've never wrecked a vehicle, knock on wood, but I know LOTS of people that have. Insurance has always paid without causing a fuss. They might get dropped, but the insurance still pays. All of these instances I speak of involve someone breaking a law- some for serious infractions such as DWI. One instance actually involved a civil lawsuit and the wreck was caused by excessive speed (over 100mph on a Farm to Market road). Insurance even handled the litigation.
__________________
dustman_stx is online now  
Old 01-15-2014, 12:07 PM   #39
Canadian Member
 
itat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Eastern GTA, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustman_stx View Post
I've never wrecked a vehicle, knock on wood, but I know LOTS of people that have. Insurance has always paid without causing a fuss. They might get dropped, but the insurance still pays. All of these instances I speak of involve someone breaking a law- some for serious infractions such as DWI. One instance actually involved a civil lawsuit and the wreck was caused by excessive speed (over 100mph on a Farm to Market road). Insurance even handled the litigation.
dustman, that may be the case in your area but don't assume that will be the case in every jurisdiction and with every policy. Insurance companies deny claims all the time.
__________________
2011 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8293SS, 12K Equal-i-zer WDH
2016 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCrew, 6.2L, 4x4, 6'9" bed, 3.73, w/ snow plow & camper pkgs.
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)
2009 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew, 5.4L, 5'6" bed (2012 - 2016)

itat is offline  
Old 01-15-2014, 12:15 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 12,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodzcampers View Post
Ya! When you get that big, I would think a fiver a must. 35'TT is a perfect candidate for a seasonal/permanent spot.
Huh, There are a LOT of (40foot tri axle 5th wheels) on the seasonal also. I think they also use them as (Travel Units)! Youroo!!
__________________

__________________
youroo is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
v-cross

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:13 PM.